10 Things Stevenson Students Won't Miss Over The Summer

#5 The Parking....

12
Merit Pages

As the school year comes to a close, and everyone will miss their friends, there are a number of things we, as Stevenson students, won’t miss…

1. The food on Owings Mills Campuses

You would think, that after all of us complaining so often they would change the food on campus. However, that is not the case. hasta la vista Rockland and Pandini’s!

2. The Shuttles and ‘Shuttle’ Vans

There’s nothing like scheduling your classes on Owings Mills and Owings Mills North 15 minutes apart thinking you’ll be able to walk or drive there, but finding out that residents still have to shuttle. As convenient as the shuttles are especially when the weather is bad, it’s a pain to plan everything around the shuttle schedule. We almost escaped the shuttles this year, maybe next year.

3. Empty Promises

So when will the bridge be opened? Two years from now? I think that’s the current plan. Oh and what about the food services on North? No one actually likes eating the food over there.

4. The Geese

As cute as the little goslings are, it’ll be nice not to have to worry about being attacked by Daddy goose when trying to get to your car or class.

5. The Parking

Although we are a small school, there never seems to be any parking spots. When you try to park near your building, there are never any spots and every building shares a parking lot with another two or three buildings. Don’t come back too late at night either because you really won’t find a spot and will be parking across campus.

6. Sharing a Room

As much fun as it can be to have a roommate, it’s still nice to have your own room with your rules and privacy 24/7.

7. The Landscapers

There’s honestly nothing better than being woken up at 8am every day by the humming of a string trimmer or lawn mower outside your window. That must be some fertilizer they are using, to require trimming every day!

8. The Homework

Although it can be fun to learn, having five papers, two tests, and three presentations all due the same week will not be missed. Hello, relaxing by the pool.

9. The Dumpsters

I don’t know whose idea it was to place the dumpsters around the buildings so early this year, but they certainly make getting around campus even more difficult. Between blocking parking spots, and acting as a blind spot to drivers as students begin to walk into the road. Not to mention how loud they are when people open them.

10. Loud Neighbors

There’s nothing worse than living next door to people who are loud and obnoxious. This summer, the only loud and obnoxious neighbors you’ll have to deal with are you siblings. I’d say that’s a win win.

Have a great summer!!