15 Songs You Might Want on Your Summer Playlist

To all the aux cord warriors out there, the time is now to flex your summer playlist. In today's age, this beautiful conglomeration of music is literally your seasonal vibe. From cookouts, to darties, to cars, and full blown functions, summer doesn't have to be relegated to a season anymore. It's now at your fingertips in an instance where you choose how lit you want to be. As a DJ, I have 15 songs you might want to add on your playlist for the summer.

1. Drake - "Passionfruit"

Drake is no stranger to many individual playlists. With mellow vocals accompanied by production from OVO in-house producers, the Canadian born superstar delivers something new each year. More Life in general is a summer project by design, but for the purposes of this list, "Passionfruit" is the most seasonal song on the album.

2. GoldLiink - "Crew" (feat. Brent Faiyaz and Shy Glizzy)

A great man once said "tell your friends, to get with my friends, and we can be friends". Essentially, "Crew" perpetuates the same iconic message. Great vocals, catchy verses, and best of all Shy Glizzy.

3. Lil Uzi Vert - "XO TOUR Llif3"

Uzi made this song for the headbanging and mosh pit loving tendencies in all of us. Rockstars in 2017? I'm all in for it.

4. Playboi Carti - "Magnolia"

Speaking of new rockstars, Playboi Carti is also about that life."Magnolia", though limited by lyrics, is sure to get Milly Rocker's alike a tune they can get down to.

5. Cousin Stizz - "Headlock" (feat. Offset)

Cousin Stizz, a rising rapper from Boston collabs with Offset to create flows and rhymes you can vibe to all summer long.

6. Kendrick Lamar - "GOD."

If you know me then you know how much I appreciate Kendrick's fourth album, Damn. I wrote a whole article on it but "GOD." is a track that will have you feeling right, trust me.

7. Kool & the Gang - "Summer Madness"

One of my all time favorites and an old one at that. Since middle school I made it something of a ritual to play this song on the last day of school. This track is mesmerizing in every sense of the word.

8. Aaliyah - "Rock the Boat"

This classic makes you fell as if you're on a yacht at an all white party, living your best life.

9. Doja Cat - "So High"

Mellow is an understatement. Imagine yourself on a cloud with people you care about are just enjoy having a good time with. Doja Cat is an interesting artist for this one. She's like a combination of Kush & Orange Juice Wiz Khalifa and SZA.

10. Isaiah Rashad - "Wat's Wrong" (feat. Zacari and Kendrick Lamar)

Though Isaiah Rashad's album dropped last fall, "Wat's Wrong" will get you through the whole year. Fast paced beat with fast placed flows.

11. A Tribe Called Quest - "Electric Relaxation"

In this season of relaxation, a Quest oldie is a must in this wondrous time of leisure. Kick back, and let Q-Tip, Ali, Jarobi, and Phife Dawg take it from there.

12. Roy Ayers - "Searching"

Blast into the past with this jazzy track by Roy Ayers. "Everybody Loves the Sunshine" sound familiar? Roy has been serving summer vibes from the jump.

13. OutKast - "Mainstream"

Every time I hear this song, I think of summer nights, especially driving. I hope you all get that same vibe from the iconic hip-hop duo.

14. KAYTRANADA - "BULLETS" (feat. Little Dragon)

The electrifying producer collabs with Little Dragon in a song of neo-psychedelic proportions. Just look how trippy the project cover for 99.9% is, the man has six eyes.

15. Travis Scott - "Backyard"

You might be wondering "Josh, why Backyard?" when there's oodles of Travis Scott tracks to choose from. For the sake of the song itself and its correlation to cookouts and darties/parties everywhere, "Backyard" just makes it right.