10 Songs That Represent My Life

10 Songs That Represent My Life

Music Is An Addictive Drug For Some.
25191

If you ever see me on campus you will notice that I always have my headphones in unless I'm with my friends. Music is one of the few things in my life that calms me down and puts me in my happy place. It helps me remember important events in my life. Many people only care if it has got a good beat or amazing base, but I'm a lyrical guy. I need the song to actually represent my life and my past. I love country, rap, and pop music so I'm all over the place. There are many songs from each genre that I feel speak to me, but I managed to narrow it down to 10 songs. I hope some of you can relate. I always find it hard to talk about myself, but it's much easier to describe myself through the songs that I love.

10) Hard To Love- Lee Brice

Lee Brice is singing about how he is a very hard person to love and that he can't believe his significant other always stays by his side. I find that it is very easy for me to love everyone unconditionally, but I always believe that is very hard for someone to love me. I'm always really hard on myself because I have self-esteem issues. I think that I talk way too much, am too anxious, and am not the best looking. I can't be easy to love. I love it when I get attention from other people. I am selfless, but I can be selfish at times too. I overthink everything, which leads to asking way too many questions. I always feel that people become annoyed with me easily. Try to remember this. When your best friend and the love of your life walks into your heart, it will never be hard for them to love you. If at any point they say it's too hard, they aren't right for you. The person that you will be with for the rest of your life will love you unconditionally...ALWAYS!

9) Ridin' Solo- Jason Derulo

We have honestly all been there before. We have been in a relationship for a long or short period of time, and suddenly it ends. Whether it ends smoothly or ugly, we are on our own again. Jason sings about how he picks up the pieces and shines again. Coming out of a relationship can be a very difficult thing even for the person who ends it. I feel like I need to rant for a second here. It's a myth that only the person who doesn't see it coming gets their heart broken. The person who doesn't see it coming is obviously shocked and very heartbroken because they just lost their best friend. The person who ended it feels the same way you know? They lost their best friend too. They even may have lost the person they loved for a very very long time. They feel that they need to move on though, and they can't go down the path with their best friend anymore. Now both of them must go their separate ways and try to love somebody again, which is difficult. Things will always remind you of that person. Their favorite TV show comes on, your mom makes a meal he/she loved, or that persons favorite song comes on the radio. It's a difficult transition, but you will make it I promise. Keep your head up, we are all rooting for you.

8) Dig- Incubus

I absolutely love this song. This talks about finding someone in your life that will always bring you up when you are down. "Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone." Even when it's a very dark path to go down, you and your significant other will always have each other. That is true love, which every single person desires. This talks about anyone that matters in your life. Dig at your best friend and make them a better person, or when they act like a different person, dig their good side back up. Always be there for the people that love you. So many people depend on you, and you need to wake up everyday and be their for your loved ones. Don't worry, they'll be there for you too.

7) Let It Go- James Bay

This song talks about breaking up with someone and how difficult it is. "Trying to fit your hand inside of mine when we know it just don't belong." You can never force a friendship or love. The couple in the song used to be happy, but now they are both changing and the love feels forced. They must now go their own way and be their true selves again. Let the worry go. Let the anxiety go. Let the sadness and anger go and be happy again. Smell the flowers, watch the sun set, walk outside, or go adventuring. Now you must love yourself truly. It is very hard, but self-love must come before loving someone else.

6) Overload- Life of Dillon

Falling in love is amazing. This song is all about someone falling in love and they can't control it. Your heart won't stop beating so much. It is so overwhelming but in a beautiful way. Falling in love is one of the best feelings in the world. You won't ever forget that feeling once you experience it.

5) I Will Wait- Mumford & Sons

I believe this song speaks religiously to most. I find it to comfort me whenever I feel lonely. I know that God is always with me and that I will need to wait for him. The Lord could come any day. Patience is a virtue. Life is never easy, but trusting in the Lord gives hope to most.

4) Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)- Green Day

Make sure you give your all every single day. We never know when we will be called from this Earth. Tomorrow, next week, or even next month. Live your life to the fullest and love the little things. Have the time of your life because you only get one chance. It's okay to have bad days trust me. Make sure to remember how beautiful you are and that you do matter.

3) Shot For Me- Drake

My all time favorite Drake song. What I take from this is that he used to date a girl and they were really close, but they grew apart. Now she drinks a lot to forget him because she misses him terribly. He became famous and things just didn't work out. "May your neighbors respect you. Trouble neglect you. Angels protect you. And heaven accept you." He wants the best for her even though they can't be together anymore. No matter who I've hurt in my life, I want the best for you and for you to live the happiest life you possibly can.

2) Love Yourz- J Cole

Love everything about your life, even the negative things. There will be people that will want to take you down. They will lie to you and hurt you. Love yourself. "No such thing as a life that's better than yours." Everyone matters. You are not more important than me or more important than anyone else. Love is the strongest emotion you can feel. Love will beat anything and everything that is negative. Love brings people together. Always remember to have self-love.

1) From The Ground Up- Dan + Shay

This song is about building up a family with the love of your life. Building the love up from the ground up. The reason the relationship works so well is because the man in the song had grandparents that were amazing role models for marriage. My parents and grandparents were amazing models for marriage. I just love this song because it is so happy. It makes me feel positive about what life has in store for me. I can't wait to have a family of my own someday. I know that I have a great future ahead of me.

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent- Victor Hugo