10 Signs You Were Addicted To Downton Abbey

In honor of the last ever episode and end of an era.

45
PBS / Downton Abbey

For 6 years, Julian Fellowes has provided us with a show that we looked forward to watching every Sunday night. As 21st century people, we were able to travel back to the early 20th century in Downton Abbey. We felt the heartbreak, the struggles, the happiness that each character felt throughout the years. With each new season, it became more and more evident that the times were changing and the characters had no choice but to change with it. Regardless, from the beginning to the end, if these 10 signs apply to you, you were definitely a hard-core “Abboter.”

1. You scurried to finish all of your work before 9 p.m. on Sundays.

2. The opening credits with that beautiful piano and orchestra music gave you goosebumps.

3. If you happen to play piano, you learned and often played the opening credits tune.

Your parents eventually asked if you could play anything else on the piano.

4. You were fascinated at how indirectly direct all both the downstairs and upstairs people were.

Must be a British thing …

5. You were conflicted about Mary as she was about her men.

You enjoyed her strength, and her stoic manner was appealing but once in a while you wish she could have cut her sister some slack.

6. You are definitely glad that poor Edith is not so poor anymore.

Poor Edith — she ends up richer and debatably happier than Mary.

7. In the beginning you loathed Mr. Barrow, but last season you probably started to feel really bad for him.

You sometimes felt bad for him, especially when he lost all hope during one of the last episodes. In the end, even Mr. Barrow got a happy ending that made you smile.

8. You were always team Anna and Mr. Bates.

It killed you inside every time luck disfavored them. But the last episode finally gave us the end that everyone had hoped for (yay for mini-Bates!)

9. It proved that love has no age.

After watching the rollercoaster ride of a relationship between Isobel Crawley and Lord Merton, it finally becomes the right time for them– they, along with Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes, have thus proved that love has no age.

10. The last episode made you the happiest person alive.

Everyone (well, everyone still kept alive in the show) got their happy ending. It was New Year’s and we all wished we were not in the middle of midterms and clung to our champagne glasses, looking forward to the future (of course, except for the Dowager Countess of Grantham). Sadly though, our future will no longer include Downton Abbey on Sundays, or any day for that matter …