10 Signs It Is Time to Move Out Of Your Parent's House! (Back from College Edition)

It's all fun and games until the undying need for freedom gnaws at your chest.

4495
Google

Being home from college is stressful. For the first two days it is fun, running around, reconnecting with old friends but after that rules and regulations start to settle in. Your parents do not know how to control your newly found freedom and must constantly remind you who's roof your living under. Now in your head you may not think you are doing anything extreme but your parents comments continue to wear you thin and ride your patience. So I have compiled a list of 10 signs it is time for you to move out of your parents house.

1. You love to go out

Constantly asking for car keys or permission to leave the house can become too weighing , when your parents are home giving you a time to check in or be back by. They will eventually complain about you going out too much.

2.You've outgrew your room

If your room has been outdated beyond repair and you no longer feel at home but agitated by all the little knick knacks around you, it may be time for you to consider getting a place of your own were you are free to start fresh decorating from scratch.

3. You like to stay out late, maybe even pull all nighters

If you are constantly finding new tactics to sneak back in your house it is time for you to leave my friend. Getting greeted by the door with unwelcome, worrying faces at 2 a.m. is aggravating when you are used to coming back at 4am with your college buddies.

4. You feel like you're living double lives

If you literally feel out of body when you are in your parent's presence, something isn't right. Especially if you are apart of the LGBTQIA community with unwelcoming parents, this is extremely exhausting. You went from being free and being you to reverting back to that high school lie of yourself. It's time to start a plan.

5. Your younger siblings have all their chores placed back on you

If when you come back , everyone looks at you in relief because you will assume the role of the maid once again this might be a problem. Now every college student must earn their keep but this is too much. If you are ready to fight your siblings because they have happily went back into relax mode and has successfully irked you. It's time.

6. Your parents and you don't see eye to eye

If your parents never understand where you are coming from in every conversation, you will get agitated. It's more than a conflict of interest but becomes a clashing of views and who really wants to have an argument blow up over something insignificant everyday?

7. Bringing home your boo is awkward

For those college students who are sexually active or just like to cuddle, watch TV and spend time with their significant other living at your parent's house can be a pain. Especially if no late night visitors are allowed in your house past dinnertime.

8. Your input is irrelevant

If everything you say feels insignificant, as if you were talking to s Brick wall. It might be time. If you feel as if you have converted back to that toddler who didn't have a say in what they ate or wore, my dear friend it is time to leave the play pen.

9. You have No Privacy

You remember when you could walk in your dorm room and shut the door and only have to worry about your roommate barging in? Well now you have siblings constantly looking you in the face, parents peeking in unannounced and a lovable pet making a grand entrance. Now the dog is a pleasant surprise of course but having no privacy can really get under your skin at times.

10. There is nothing left to learn.

There comes a time when you realize that you have learned all you can from your parents. You know the basics, you know right from wrong. You are considered you're own person now, the world no longer sees you as a child so its time to mirror that image. Be on your own and go through your own experiences. It is time.

11. You are ready!

If you are ready to leave , no one and nothing can change your mind. If you truly have the will to survive on your own , you will do what is necessary to get there, like pick up a job or two. Do your research on apartments, roommates,and most of all always maintain high spirits, for your complete freedom and independence shall come in time.