10 Signs You Love Thunderstorms

10 Signs You Love Thunderstorms

While a burden to some, to you thunderstorms are the best!

4596
10 Signs You Love Thunderstorms
Jason Weingart

If you're like me, one of the things you look forward to in the summer are the thunderstorms. Sure, some places have epic thunderstorms all year round, but I live in Michigan. So the best storms always occur in the summer. However, if you're not sure whether or not you love summer storms, here are 10 signs that you may be a thunderstorm fanatic after all:

1. When a storm is predicted, you constantly check the radar to see how close it's getting.

You need to know where the storm is and where it's heading, so you don't hesitate to check The Weather Channel or local websites for the radar. The more red, the better!

2. When it finally starts to rain, you hope for thunder.

In the summer, rain more often than not comes with thunder and lightning. There are some days, however, when it rains all day without a hint of thunder. Those days are no good, no good at all.

3. You're disappointed if a storm lasts shorter than five minutes.

There's nothing more upsetting then watching a storm fading before it even got to the good part.

4. You resist the urge to splash around in the puddles during and after a thunderstorm — but then you give in anyway.

Yes, you're a child, and no, you don't care. The most satisfying thing to experience during a thunderstorm is getting wet!

5. You sit outside and/or keep the windows open during a thunderstorm.

Even if you don't feel like getting wet, you still want to be as close to the storm as possible. Sitting outside on a sheltered porch or keeping the screened windows in your house open are the best ways to hear the rain and thunder without actually getting wet.

6. You think the best thunderstorms are the ones with really strong winds and really loud thunder.

If it's not loud, it's not a storm. Well, maybe it would still be a storm, but it wouldn't be a very good one. You enjoy being startled by loud cracks of thunder and dramatic gusts of wind. It's not weird, I promise.

7. You count the seconds after lightning until the thunder to see how close you are to the storm.

If the thunder isn't very loud, that usually means the storm isn't that close to you, but you count the seconds anyway, and you get excited when the thunder gets louder and the time between lightning and thunder gets shorter, because that means the storm is getting closer.

8. The smell of rain outside is almost like a high for you.

It's so good, you almost wish you could bottle that scent for a perfume or make a candle with that smell. (Well, that may be a little weird, but to each their own!)

9. You often prefer dark stormy clouds to blistering sunshine.

Obviously you don't want it to rain every day, because rain can be very inconvenient. However, a thunderstorm with tons of rain is a very welcome change to the unnecessarily bright and hot ball of fire in the sky.

10. If the storm is at night, the thunder and rain against the window lull you to sleep.

And if there's no storm, you may or may not have probably one time played thunder sounds from your phone to help you fall asleep.... It's not as good as the real thing, but it's better than nothing.

Now, with these 10 things in mind, you should definitely know by now whether or not you enjoy storms. If you're still unsure, the simple answer is this: If you agree with at least one of these points, you very well might love thunderstorms. It's really no big deal, but finding joy in things that others might hate is a great quality to have. Well, now that you're finished reading this, go find a puddle to splash in! You know you want to.