'I Hate Fall': 10 Signs This Is You

'I Hate Fall': 10 Signs This Is You

Hatred for fall is more common than you think, and these are the symptoms.

3897
man walks with head down during autumn season with big 'i hate fall' vibes
Matthew Hamilton

This may be an unpopular opinion, or is it?

I hate fall.

I can't stand it. I'm a summer girl, and nothing could change my mind on that. Call me crazy, but I just don't get the appeal. If you can relate with these 10 things, maybe you're a hater, too.

1. You dread watching the leaves change color.

assortment of leaves changing colors Photo by Chris Lawton on Unsplash

2. You HATE back to school commercials.

Don't even get me started, honestly. When they start playing those ads as early as July (COME ON, people,) I want to throw a brick through my television. This has been a tell-tale of summer ending since I first started preschool; now I'm studying to be a teacher, and I still hate them.

3. You don't want to turn the calendar.

May means summer is coming-- amazing! June and July are when summer reaches its peak-- AMAZING! August... the calendar starts to show signs that summer is coming to an end. And as September hits, there is probably a big "First Day of School" marked somewhere. DISGUSTING.

4. You are simply grossed out when temperature falls below 75 degrees.

winter is coming meme

I woke up today, for example, and people's Snapchat filters read 56 degrees. That is unacceptable. It should still be WARM.

5. People posting about the return of "sweater weather" makes you nauseous.

I do not understand why people enjoy cool, fall temperatures. I will never understand a desire to be cold.

6. Putting away your shorts and digging out your pants makes you very depressed.

summer clothes arranged in storage bin as fall begins

I. Hate. Pants. Why am I the only one who is literally happier living in shorts? Pants make me feel like I'm suffocating. Really, how does one enjoy wearing jeans?

7. Same goes for putting away the sleeveless shirts and pulling out even the lightest jacket.

person wears light jacket due to weather changing to fall Photo by Blake Lisk on Unsplash

8. And swapping the flip flops for "real shoes."

9. You don't even like fall-flavored things.

meme making fun of pumpkin flavored treat

I do not like pumpkin spice lattes; I only like my iced chais. I do not like hot beverages in general, okay? Switching to warm drinks means it is too cold for ice, and I am not okay with that.

10. And, worst of all... Winter comes after fall.

And there is NOTHING in this world I hate more than winter.