10 Signs You're A Crazy Die-Hard Fan

10 Signs You're A Crazy Die-Hard Fan

451
10 Signs You're A Crazy Die-Hard Fan
straightedge

We all have a favorite artist or celebrity. Whether it was the Jonas Brothers when we were 13, an old-school classic like Elton John or a pop-icon like Taylor Swift, we all fantasize about meeting that one person we "love more than anything." Whether you obsess from afar, have meet-and-greets pending on your credit card or have met them a number of times, chances are, you've done at least one of these things only a crazy die-hard fan would do.

1. You sleep outside your favorite celebrity's hotel hoping you get the chance to meet them.

Big news! Your favorite celebrity is staying at a hotel in your hometown or a town nearby. What do you do? Go to Wal-Mart, purchase a tent and prepare for a night of freezing cold just for a chance to meet them.

2. You spend hundreds of dollars on VIP tickets just so you can meet your favorite celebrity for two minutes and boast about it for the rest of your life.

Your bank account may experience some dry months after the meet-and-greet and people might think you're crazy for spending hundreds of dollars on those Taylor Swift meet-and-greets, but who cares? You got to meet THE Taylor Swift, take an endless amount of selfies, change your profile picture on every social media site, and now you can boast about it for the rest of your life. You'll just work overtime for the next year to make the money back.

3. You send them hundreds of tweets hoping they'll favorite, retweet or reply.

Due to the fact that so-and-so has over 10 million followers, your one tweet probably isn't going to be seen. Because of this, you send them hundreds of tweets so you'll have a better chance of getting a favorite, retweet or reply. It's not cyber stalking, it's just friendly contact...

4. You shove anyone and everyone out of the way just so you can meet them and possibly take a picture with them.

Those people who were in front of you? Pushed out of the way. The herd of people blocking your view? You either pushed them out of the way or crowd-surfed your way to the front. But hey, the bruises and glares were worth the blurry selfie.

5. You drive hundreds of miles to see so-and-so in concert if they aren't playing in a city near you.

My dad and I may have driven four hours and 250 miles from Michigan State to Purdue last week to see Hunter Hayes...

6. You wait after the show for hours hoping you get to meet said celebrity.

It could be 90 degrees, raining horribly or freezing temperatures, but you still wouldn't move. They have to come out eventually, right? After the Hunter Hayes show I attended last week, my dad and I waited outside his bus in 40 degree weather and rain for over an hour hoping I could meet him. Well guess what? It worked out.

7. You buy concert tickets the second they go on sale.

Tickets go on sale on Tuesday at 10 a.m. and you have school? School will just have to wait because you're not missing the chance of getting floor seats.

8. You stay up until midnight on a school night to download their album.

School the next morning? I might as well place my Starbucks order right now.

9. You support them through the good and the bad.

This person could be all over the tabloids and you would still support them. They could be struggling with drugs or alcohol and just checked into rehab and you would still support them. You would send them tweets of support and tell them you're praying for them to get through it. Someone insulting them? Don't get me started.

We may not know the person we "love more than anything" personally, but we really do know them. We grow up listening to their music, watching their movies, reading their magazine cover stories and support them through everything. If something bad happens to them, we pray for them and tweet support. If they go through a rough patch, we pray they can get through it. No one can explain why we obsess over a normal human being, but we do. Through the good and bad times, we listen to their music or watch their movies to make us feel better. We all have a favorite artist or celebrity. We may not know them personally, but they get us through the good and the bad.