10 Signs You Are A Book Enthusiast

10 Signs You Are A Book Enthusiast

You have waited for a book to come out for a year or more only to burn through your copy in less than two days.

1872
10 Signs You Are A Book Enthusiast
Ugly Dog Books

Everyone has certain passions or hobbies that are an enjoyable way to relax. Some like to watch sports teams or play video games--while certain people are avid fans of the art of storytelling. Books can provide a temporary escape when life becomes overwhelming. Below are signs that book enthusiasts will understand:

1. You have been to a book party

Barnes and Noble and other bookstores often hold book parties for big releases such as the Harry Potter series. I had the privilege of attending the book party for the seventh book. Book parties are a great way to meet fellow fans, participate in events and win prizes, and at the end of the night you get to go home with your new book.

2. You waited for a book to come out for a year or more only to burn through your copy in less than two days

The excitement of finally having the next installment in your favorite series is one of pure joy. It can be quite a challenge to savor the story when you want to know what happens next.

3. You get really excited when your favorite book is turned into a movie

When you read a book, you always have an actor in mind that would be perfect for the role. It is even more exciting when casting news and trailers are released.

4. However, you are highly critical of the film

Especially if it is not exactly like the book. Why did they have to cut my favorite scene in the book? Where is that awesome secondary character that should be in the film?

5. You follow your favorite author on social media

Just in case they post updates about a new book.

6. Gift cards to bookstores are your gift of choice

Books can be an expensive hobby, especially when you burn through them quickly.

7. You spend hours at the coffee shop conveniently located in or near your favorite bookstore

There is nothing better than drinking a good cup of coffee, eating a tasty pastry, and catching up with your favorite characters.

8. You have to get a new bookshelf because your current one does not have any more room

This is a huge problem for any book lover. So many books, so little space.

9. You always have a book on the tip of your tongue to recommend

Would you like this list alphabetical or chronological?

10. You pre-order books months in advance

You do not want to risk not having a copy on the release day and be subjected to spoilers as a result.

Books are a source of entertainment and education as any avid reader knows. Even if you are not a book enthusiast, I highly encourage everyone to pick up a book once in a while. You may be pleasantly surprised and enchanted by the unique storytellers of the world.