10 Signs You Were A Band Geek

10 Signs You Were A Band Geek

You've suffered through four years of band camp, and countless farmer tans

130
10 Signs You Were A Band Geek
Alli Snider

It's a truth that things get saved into your long term memory while you sleep. For anyone who's ever taken a step out on the Football field in hot wool uniforms, this one is for you. You've spent countless hours out on a field to make random shapes and play music it is basically engraved in your memory. So below, I've compiled 10 signs that you were [or still are] a band geek.

1. Any time you walk with someone, you HAVE to walk in step with them.

Because it's always left THEN right, and if you're not in time it's points off... Oh wait, this isn't practice...we're just going to Target... Oops...

2. You find yourself counting the time signatures in all of your favorite songs.

Even though you KNOW that nearly a good 90% of the songs you listen to are in common 4/4 time signature...

3. You still hum the competition show from your freshman year... And you still manage to get it stuck in your head

You'll be in the kitchen with your partner eating a nice breakfast when a commercial jingle will come on that sounds so similar to your freshman year band show. When this happens, it will be stuck in an inevitable loop of music in your head.

4. In the wise words of the Band Director himself: To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late... Well that should never happen.

Homer Simpson is right: If you're late, it's best to hide. Hide in a bush or in Antarctica. However, Antarctica is PROBABLY your best bet.

5. Football games are not meant for football, they're meant to watch the halftime show.

SpongeBob of course had to emphasize this with the most amazing halftime show ever known to mankind.

6. You probably have a spot on memory because of all of the music and drill you had to memorize.

And you still remember that sixteenth note run at 180 bpm from sophomore year.

7. Out of all of your friends, you probably have the nicest looking calves from all of the back marching you had to do.

Because for band kids, leg day is EVERY day.

8. You're probably pretty spot on with time management skills.

In fact, you're probably so good at managing time due to all those rehearsals that Jim Halpert making pie charts about Michael Scott procrastinating is you making pie charts of your procrastinating friends.

9. When someone freaks out about tan lines, you just roll your eyes.

You've suffered through four years of band camp, and countless farmer tans that you've gotten good at rolling your eyes at such comments. Although not as good as Mark Sloan himself.

10. You know the crazy weather habits: From scolding hot weather to freezing in minutes. Better yet? It doesn't bother you.

Band Camp is where you go from 100 degrees and eggs frying on the sidewalk to six feet of snow in two hours. Both extremes of which require you to guzzle gallons of water. However, you're over it by now.

There's countless signs you know you were a band geek, but these are the most prominent. Even though you left the band geek, the band geek never really will leave you.