10 Things That Should Be On Your Senior Year Bucket List

This is your last chance; make the most of it or you'll regret it.

195

Senior year is supposed to be the best year.

While college applications might bog you down and pull you away from the High School musical experience you were expecting, that doesn't mean all hope is lost. Here are some things you should try to make sure it's a year you'll never forget!

1. Ditch!

Senior ditch days are the highlight of senior year, but take a day off with friends even if the rest of the school isn't! This could be simply to go out and eat or even go as far as an amusement park for the day.

2. Go to football games

High school football games are events you can't experience once you graduate. College football games, while more intense and fun, are just not the same. Dressing up for different themes and dancing to the marching band tunes on a late Friday night with your closest friends is something you'll always remember, even if you don't know a thing about football.

3. Dress up for all the homecoming week themes

If you felt too silly or self-conscious to dress up freshman year through junior year, this is your last chance. Gather up some self-confidence or else you're going to regret not joining in with your tacky tourist group of friends!

4. Pick a senior quote you won't regret

Meaningful quotes by someone you respect, funny jokes based on your reputation, or simple one-liners are all great options. Don't choose anything too stupid though because people will see these for the rest of their lives...no pressure!

5. Go on a vacation with friends

This could be a day trip to the mountains or a week-long trip to the beach! Either way, go with people that will help you create the memories of a lifetime.

6. Go to homecoming and prom

As awkward and cliche as high school dances can be, this is your last chance to be awkward and cliche. Standing three feet from your date in pictures so your dad doesn't shoot them and picking out bright-colored dresses you'll laugh at in 10 years are not things you'll get to do in college.

7. Take senior pictures

This is your chance to show your friends and family how much you've grown up along with how much you've accomplished. You're an adult now, and with the help of social media, everyone will know it now too.

8. Celebrate all your close friends' birthdays extravagantly

If you part ways with some of your closest at the end of the year, make their last birthday with you one to remember. The ones you've been with since the awkward middle school sleepover birthdays deserve something special for sticking by you for so long.

9. Change your look

The change can be subtle, like getting a double piercing, or noticeable, like dying your hair. Either way, changing your look within the next year can help you jump into your fresh start next fall. You're maturing and leaving soon, so you might as well change some other things too!

10. Write your friends and family letters

Let everyone know how much you love them and how much of an impact they've made on your life because they'd love nothing more than to know. Leaving them behind may be tough, but they'll always be in your heart, and they should know that.