10 Rupi Kaur Poems You Never Knew You Needed In Your Life

Because she puts your thoughts into words.

9022
Hunger

If you haven't heard of her, Rupi Kaur is a poet, writer, and artist who was born in India and moved to Canada with her parents at a young age. Her collection of poetry, "Milk and Honey," was self-published in 2014 and later became a New York Times Best Seller.

And she's only 23.

Her words are powerful, touching, heartbreaking, and healing all at the same time. They are everything that you are thinking, feeling, and yet somehow can not put into words.

1. For any time you turn on the news in the past few weeks:

2. For any time you have ever felt that society places more value upon physical appearance than on your actual abilities, on your real and present soul:

3. For when your loss is of someone who still lives and breathes and loves:

4. For when a man places your worth on your body instead of your mind:

5. For when you mistakenly believe that you are at fault, that you are not enough, that you could have done more:

6. For when the person is gone but the pain remains:

7. For when you are feeling a little too much of everything all at once:

8. For any daughter who's father could not love her the way she needed to be loved:

9. For when you find yourself looking for peace everywhere but where you are:

10. For any time, for any reason at all. This needs to be read.