10 Rides You Can't Miss At Universal Orlando This Summer

Marvel is on borrowed time, so hurry up before it's gone!

36
Flickr

Taking a vacation to Universal Studios, Orlando this summer? Well no matter what kind of rides you like, there will be something for you. Here are the top 10 rides that you won't want to miss on your trip to Universal.

10. "The Simpsons" Ride

This is a hilarious ride with a great queue where you get to watch the best clips from "The Simpsons." The main reason this ride has been placed at number 10 is that the screen used for the simulation is just a bit too blurry, and the ride itself is very long. After riding this, you may feel sick for a little while.

9. Skull Island: Reign of Kong

Many people will agree when I say the ride itself is not very thrilling. The screen used throughout the ride is blurry, and the story told in the attraction is lacking any real concept. The best thing about this ride? The queue. I would honestly wait for this ride again just to walk through the line leading up to the attraction. You get to feel as though you are actually walking onto Skull Island, meeting some of the natives and seeing the unfortunate fate that some visitors have met.

8. Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Want to be apart of the next taping of "The Tonight Show?" This ride is perfect for you. The queue itself gives recognition to old hosts of the show and presents more recent clips of the best moments on "The Tonight Show." If you ride at the right time, you may even get to see some live entertainment. While on the ride, you get to race Jimmy through New York even though your race takes you to more unexpected places like the moon. While there isn't too much movement on this ride, it is a simple and fun experience with a typically short wait time.

7. The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man

With Marvel rides being on borrowed time now, it is important to ride all of them while you still can. This ride takes you into the streets as a reporter tries to get the scoop on Spidey. However, you run into some dangerous foes on the job and you can guess who comes to your rescue. This ride has a great mixture of simulated action mixed with real props and you even get to see one familiar face that seems to be popping up in every Marvel movie.

6. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Harry, Ron and Hermione want to sneak you out of the castle to watch Quidditch, but this proves to be more difficult than anyone thought. While bigger-than-life dementors try to suck out your soul and spiders drop from the ceiling, this ride has its fair share of scares. The queue for the ride is also something not to be missed, as you get to walk through the halls of Hogwarts into rooms such as the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, Dumbledore's office and the Gryffindor common room.

5. Dr. Doom's Fear Fall

Not your regular drop tower, but more terrifying than anything you've ever ridden. Want to shoot up into the sky rather than fall? It may not sound as scary but let me tell you it will feel 10 times more terrifying. Dr. Doom needs to extract your fear and has found the perfect way to do it. The only relief you feel on this ride is the moment when you've stopped blasting off into space and get to take a look at the park around you from a bird's eye view.

4. The Incredible Hulk

This ride typically has one of the longest wait times in the park but is a super fun thrill if you have the patience. The Hulk shoots you into an exciting roller coaster ride that resembles something very similar to what it must feel like to be tossed around by the Hulk himself.

3. Jurassic Park River Adventure

Dinosaurs, containment breaches and a water ride--I don't see anything worth critiquing when it comes to this ride. You get spit on by dinosaurs and nearly devoured by a T-Rex; how could you not love your time on this ride?

2. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

An amazing ride that takes you through Gringotts as you are being pursued by Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort. The very beginning of the ride is my personal favorite as Bellatrix suspends your ride at a near-90Ëš angle and then drops you. You also get some cool simulations of golden chalices being tossed at you from a vault and giants breaking the tracks you're riding on, causing your cart to fall further into Gringotts.

1. Revenge of the Mummy

This is by far my favorite ride. This one is also a hit or miss with wait times, as there are days when you can ride it three times in a row with little more than a five-minute wait and then there are times when the wait will be up to an hour. However, this ride has a great queue line with surprisingly dim lighting. In the line, there are multiple things available for you with which you can interact. Plus, you get to see the "set" of the film up close and personal. The ride itself has you being pursued by multiple mummies, including Imohtep. Things may heat up a bit throughout the ride as well, as fire is something this ride does not shy away from. Something that surprises me every time about this ride is how fast it goes for an indoor coaster. There is not one second of this ride that I wish was different and it is something you cannot miss on your trip to Universal.