The Smiths were an English rock band that first took the world by storm in the 1980s. Many of their toe-tapping tunes are dense with breathtaking guitar riffs and melancholy lyrics.
Here are 10 lyrics by The Smiths to comfort you in any situation... Well, almost.
1. "I wish I could laugh/but that joke isn't funny more/it's too close to home and it's too near the bone/more than you'll ever know"
These lyrics are perfect for all us sensitive folks who take everything too close to heart.
2. "And if the people stare/ Then, the people stare/ Oh I really don't know/And I really don't care"
This is perfect all of the times you embarrass yourself. Just let 'em stare. Who cares? Certainly not you.
3. "In my life/ Why do I smile/ At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye"
The lyrics that will get you through walking in the school hallways.
4. "To die by your side / Is such a heavenly way to die"
The perfect thing to say to your crush... Or not.
5. "Last night I dreamt/That somebody loved me"
For us dreamers...
6. "I was looking for a job, and then I found a job/ And heaven knows I'm miserable now"
This is what adulting is all about.
7. "If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight?"
Honestly, these lyrics are a personal attack.
8. "I know I'm alone/ I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone"
These are the words to sing when you are watching a cheesy romance film, chugging down ice cream, and hugging an inanimate object instead of a human.
9. "If there's something you'd like to try / Ask me, I won't say no / How could I?"
For all of us without a backbone... We just do not know the word "no."
10. "They said/ There's too much caffeine in your bloodstream/ And a lack of real spice in your life"
And for us folks who drink too much coffee.