10 Reasons Why Your Co-Workers Are Your Best Friends

You spend a lot of time with them.

1594
Pintrest

If you're anything like me, you're working through college and you probably spend a lot of your weekends there. You spend a lot of time around the same people, you have to learn to like at least some of them.

1. You have a group message that was made for work gossip.

It’s filled with more secrets than the CIA itself. It’s filled with screenshots from texts and Facebook posts about those co-workers you can’t stand to be around. Or it’s a place to bash on each other too, either or works.

2. They bring you coffee or an energy drink without you even asking when you're working a long shift.

Life saver? Pretty much. Being on your feet for five hours and expecting another five-hour shift is not fun. But who better to understand the need for caffeine than your co-workers?

3. They're the only ones who will go out to eat with you at 11 o'clock at night.

Nothing like having to stay at work late while you’re starving. But also nothing like having co-workers who are willing to stay after closing hours just so they can go get food with you after you get off.

4. They let you throw fits in the back.

We’d all be rich if my co-workers had a dollar for every time I threw a fit in the back. Me being me, I run back to the kitchen, hands up, screaming and cursing everything, and they let me. I guess they laugh every time I do it, so it’s a win-win.

5. They know when something’s wrong outside of work.

There have been so many days that I dreaded coming to work because I’d rather stay at home and cry. But by the end of my shift, I was happier that I came to work because they usually don’t let me leave without hearing what’s wrong. And they give the world’s greatest advice.

6. The best parties are work parties.

Mainly because they don’t start at 9 o’clock because we’re all at work. But it is always fun getting to stay up all night with endless talking about the newest employees, the horrible guest someone had, and everything else that needs to be vented about.

7. They know your every look and what they mean.

This is very helpful in and out of the work place. They know when to tell other people to back off or to come forward. It’s nice that you don’t have to do that all alone.

8. They help you with your homework.

When I work doubles, sometimes I bring in homework to do during my break. Per usual, I become stressed over it. Thankfully, I have co-workers who offer to lead me through my homework and I’m forever grateful for those moments.

9. They’re honest.

No place like the work place to be honest! You can’t lie to your co-workers if they’re being crazy at work, which leads to honesty outside of the work place. Every outfit, all things makeup, all things life - honesty is the best policy.

10. They’re supportive.

I’ve learned that if anyone is supportive of me, my schooling, boys, friends, family and whatever else life throws at me, it has been my co-workers.

Long story short, you spend a lot of time with your co-workers so you might as well make them your best friends.