10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Knock Uber Before You Try It

Uber is the most convenient way of getting around your city at a reasonable price.

26
Auto Evolution

It is true to say that everyone knows what a "taxicab" is and a lot of people can even say that they have utilized the service of a taxicab company before. Many people can admit that they actually use a taxi service quite often. However, Uber, a new, convenient "taxi service," is beginning to become much more popular than the traditional black and yellow taxicab. Uber was created in 2008 by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp. Over the years, Uber has become beneficial for cities all over the world. Their mission is to create reliable transportation that is easily accessible and to provide people with a flexible way to earn some extra income, which is a win-win for everyone. One can either become a rider or driver for Uber. Why should you replace your current taxicab service with Uber? Here are 10 reasons why it is worth a shot:

1. Everyone wants to save money. (At least I know I do).

Uber is known to be much cheaper than Yellow Cab taxi service, for example. Their rates are not as high as most traditional taxicab companies, which is a plus. Who wouldn't want to pay $9 for a ride, instead of $15?

2. No one wants to wait centuries for a ride.

From personal experience, the wait time for an Uber driver to arrive is as quick as four minutes, and no later than eight minutes.

3. Let's face it, seeing who our driver will be ahead of time makes us feel much more safe and secure.

Uber provides you with your driver's photo, name, and the make and model of the car they will be picking you up in. This makes it safer for the rider because they are fully aware of who their driver is and which vehicle they will be arriving in. (You still need to be cautious though, no matter whether you take United Cab or Uber).

4. You don't need to have any cash on you in order to pay for your ride.

Conveniently enough, once you download the app, you can link either your credit card, debit card or PayPal account. There is no need to worry about giving your driver cash! You will be charged once your ride is over.

5. Guess what? You don't have to tip either.

It sounds rude, don't you think? It is always nice to tip. However, your Uber driver will not expect you to tip them. So, don't feel bad!

6. There are different vehicles you can choose to be picked up in. Hey, why not ride in style?

Uber currently allows you to choose between an UberX or UberXL. UberXL refers to different types of luxury vehicles, which are higher in price, by the way. Also, Uber makes accommodations for their riders, too. For example, you can request rides that are accessible for wheelchairs or car seat-friendly.

7. The app tells you exactly where your driver is and when they are arriving, literally.

The app tells you exactly when your driver is arriving, and once you look up from your phone, they are pulling up. I know this because I have ridden an Uber on numerous occasions, and have always had a great experience. They are never late, and they get you where you need to go in a timely manner.

8. You can get an accurate fare estimate prior to requesting a ride.

You can find out how much your ride will be before you request an Uber. Just in case you are on a budget, you will know how much you will cost you ahead of time. Check it out!

9. The drivers are normal people, just like you. (You could become a driver, too, if you want the extra cash).

You may think you will get some creepy driver who is a Uber driver by morning and serial killer by night. However, don't assume. They are just regular people like you and me. The only difference is that you will be the rider and they are the driver. You can speak, or you can be quiet. Uber drivers are always friendly, and never make you feel uncomfortable. Although, some are more chatty than others. If you are ever looking to make some extra cash, you can become a driver, too.

10. There is one thing that has carpooling beat, and that is uberPOOL.

You can be matched with riders in your area that are headed in the same direction as you. If you want to save money on your trip, then this is the way to do it. Sharing is caring.

If you ever need reliable transportation and are in a hurry, request an Uber!

Anytime you are requesting a ride from a taxi driver or an Uber driver, some safety concerns may arise. Therefore, always be aware of your surroundings and be cautious! But, take advantage of Uber rides! You will enjoy the ease of getting from point A to point B.