Throughout my life, my taste in movies never really evolved at all. For example, for the past 13 years, my favorite movie of all time has been "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" and I highly doubt any other film is going to take its place in my heart . One of my other favorite childhood movies is "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement," which truthfully, I love even more than its precursor. (Please don’t hate me.) To be honest, I think the main reason for this was because 10-year-old me was obsessed with Chris Pine upon watching it for the first time. However, this movie is also a story that teaches us that instead of marrying a man you don’t love in order to become queen of a small country, just get rid of the law that says you have to. In other words, to heck with the patriarchy! In honor of the recent 15-year anniversary of "The Princess Diaries," I wanted to shed some light on its amazing sequel and its best moments.
1. This scene still sends chills down my spine.
It's truly the definition of goals .
2. In every scene she's featured in, Lilly is the best friend we all need in our lives.
3. That moment when you're trying to give yourself a pep talk in the morning even when you know you look awful.
4. Let's face it, Mia's slumber party ruined every other sleepover you ever went to, simply because they could never compare.
Why don't all staircases come with a giant slide attached?
5. Someone came up with a brilliant plan to have Julie Andrews and Raven-Symone sing a duet that would change the music industry forever.
Whoever you are, I am forever grateful .
6. In case you need to be reminded, Chris Pine is a total dreamboat.
I always had trouble keeping track of whether he was a villain or not, but quite frankly, who cares? This was the only moment of my life that I even remotely had any interest in learning a sport.
7. This iconic line delivered by Queen Clarisse Renaldi, played by real-life queen, Julie Andrews will go down in history as one of the best of all time.
Feel free to use it as a life motto.