10 Reasons Why October is Amazing

10 Reasons Why October is Amazing

From pumpkin spice to pumpkin picking, your guide to loving October!

9
10 Reasons Why October is Amazing
Quotes Ideas

It’s baaaaackkk! October is here and these are 10 reasons why I love it so much.

1. Halloween Movies Play 25/8

Yes, I meant 25/8 as in 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. I’m talking about every "Halloweentown," both "Twitches," "Nightmare Before Christmas" (that’s considered Halloween right? Because if not, I’ve been doing life wrong), "The Charlie Brown Special" where they discover the Great Pumpkin, and of course, who could forget the most classic of them all "Hocus Pocus." It’s a lot of fun to come home on a cool October night, pop some popcorn and sit on your couch with a fuzzy blanket and binge watch.

2. The Way That The Leaves Change

This is one of my favorite parts of October because it just makes every tree a focal point. Their orange, red, yellow and brown tints perfectly blend together to create a scene worth capturing on any canopy. They cascade over every yard and there’s just something about the way that they crunch underneath your shoes when you walk that just screams fall.

3. Fall Activities

The stuff that you can do in the fall is so amazing. There’s just something about picking out your own things and being able to take them home. Things like apple picking and pumpkin picking really bring out the inner child in everyone. There’s nothing like a brisk October Sunday where you wake up, throw on leggings, a flannel and some boots and head over to a local farm to pick out pumpkins to adorn your front doorstep. And who could forget another fun one? Corn mazes. But, when you’re planning to do a corn maze you should clear your entire schedule, make sure you have nowhere to be that day. Be sure you don’t have to work or help Grandma Joan clean out the attic, whatever. Because you better count on getting lost at least a few times during your corn maze adventure but don’t worry it’s a good bonding experience

4. Pumpkin carving

It doesn’t matter whether or not you’re an artist or just someone who wants to put the Batman logo on their pumpkin. Pumpkin carving is something that is essential to the month of October and the fall season. Don’t worry my non-artistic friends because they sell kits, complete with stencils and everything to make you feel like you’re the Pablo Picasso of pumpkin carving. And plus, when you pull out the pumpkin seeds be sure to keep them so you can bake them later for the perfect fall snack!

5. Haunted things

So the whole haunted things part of this is to just basically keep up with the season because I know it's not for everyone and it certainly wasn’t for me up until three years ago. So whether it’s indoor or and outdoor experience it’ll still pack in the scares. There’s just something about being chased by Freddy Cougar into a cornfield with a bunch of maniacs with chainsaws, but don’t worry, it’s all for show. Some people enjoy going to graveyards during this time of year and hey, it’s cool, whatever works for you.

6. Cool Halloween Snacks

One of the best things about the fall season is all the cool Pinterest-y snacks and dishes you can make using fall aspects. For example; guacamole pouring out of the open mouth of a jack-o-lantern with chips around it. Or “bones” a pretzel stick with two marshmallows at the end covered in white chocolate. I’m telling you, I could go on pinning these recipes all day. Honestly. Sometimes I find myself awake at midnight in a Pinterest black hole where everything I see I’m just like “Oh My God! I need this, pin pin pin pin pin!

7. Halloween Candy That You Obviously Buy All For Yourself On November 1

The best day to buy candy for yourself is November 1, hands down. Honestly, you can get so much candy and don’t even need to be ashamed if it’s all for you, so what? Treat yourself. Whether it’s the variety packs with the mini Twix, Reese's, M&M's, and things like that or strictly the mini Hershey bars.They’re discounted by as much as 50 percent that day and you can literally stash it for weeks.

8. All Pumpkin EVERYTHING!!

Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts and probably any other mainstream brands that have brains, every October/fall season they generate things like the all famous Pumpkin Spice latte, Halloween Oreos, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies and of course who could forget pumpkin pie but the list is obviously endless. I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve tried pumpkin coffee maybe twice in my life and they were so spread apart that I can’t even remember if I liked it, I’m sorry, I’m a disgrace, sue me.

9. Sweater Weather

The weather is perfect. Like a happy medium. It’s not too hot where you have to wear shorts but it’s not too cold to the point where you have to wear a giant fleece jacket. It’s perfectly in the high 60s, the crisp air making you want things like Friday night football games and bonfires.

10. Obviously The Pies.

Never in my life did I imagine that I would be a pie person, I was always strictly cake. But, once I started working in a restaurant and we started serving our fall pies, people made it seem like we were serving pure gold on a plate. And yes, of course, you should put ice cream with them because what’s a slice of apple pie or pumpkin pie without ice cream?