10 Reasons Why I Love Working With Kids

10 Reasons Why I Love Working With Kids

I wouldn't want to spend my life doing anything else.

821
10 Reasons Why I Love Working With Kids
Cultiva

When I played school with my friends when I was younger, I was always the teacher. Even though it was for pretend, I got a thrill from standing in front of a group of "students" and helping them conquer challenging material. When I went to middle school and was old enough to babysit, I made it known to everyone I knew that had young children that I would be willing to watch their kids. Now I am going to college to become a high school Spanish teacher. Because I can never get enough of kids, I'm spending my summer working at a day camp for preschoolers. I can not think of a better way to spend my time. Reasons why I love my job include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. You keep up with the latest trends

I had never heard of a fidget spinner until a student in the high school class I was observing last semester used them. I felt pretty cool when I got back to campus later that day and told all of my friends about the newest craze that they had not heard about. With the younger kids, "Paw Patrol" and Snuggie Tails are where it's at.

2. They're always happy to see you

Getting up early in the summer is made worth it when I walk into the classroom and am greeted with a huge hug from about six different kids screaming "MISS CAITLIN!".

3. You get to play pretend

I was a crocodile, a shark, and a snake - and that was just today. It's a nice escape from reality.

4. You get to play in general

Who wouldn't want to get paid for playing with blocks, LEGOs, and My Little Pony all day?

5. Kids do and say the silliest and craziest things

I need to start keeping a list of these! There are too many to remember on a daily basis.

6. You get to be a role model

You get to have an impact on these kids, hopefully for the better. You also get to start them on the path to success.

7. It teaches you patience

You don't really know what patience is until you are waiting for 20 kids to wash their hands in a single sink, waiting for the last student to be done with the snack after everyone else has been done for 15 minutes, or trying to get a room full of 4 year olds to nap.

8. You go on the best field trips

I got to see "Finding Dory" last summer for free, in addition to going mini golfing.

9. It teaches you responsibility

Parents are entrusting their children to you, their pride and joy. If that isn't a lot to take on, I don't know what is.

10. It gives you hope for the future

If these kids are this great at 4 or 5 years old, imagine what they will be able to do in the future.

I was asked today at work if this was really what I wanted to do for a career. The answer is a resounding yes.