10 Reasons Why I Love 'Bob's Burgers'

10 Reasons Why I Love 'Bob's Burgers'

748
10 Reasons Why I Love 'Bob's Burgers'
Aidyreviews

There are few TV shows that I actually enjoy watching. I find most to be full of dull characters, and the plots leave much to be desired. However in a world filled with boring sitcoms and lackluster crime shows, there is one series that stands out: "Bob's Burgers." Now to some its just a weird "Family Guy" type animated series, but it's so much more than that. The show features a loving family dynamic, but in a twisted way. The humor is more than just a "that's what she said" joke. It's more than just an offensive comment, or impression. The humor is satiric, punny and just light hearted. Some of the female characters are even voiced by men, which adds a more comedic effect. I have seen every episode of this show, and anxiously await the release of a new season. Need more convincing that "Bob's Burgers" is one of the best shows on TV? Here's a list of some of the elements that make this show my favorite.

1. All of the puns! Every episode features new puns on the daily special board.

The burger specials always show how creative and witty the writers of the show are. Other great burger puns include: "Don't you Four Cheddar 'bout Me Burger," "The final Kraut Down Burger," and the "New Bacon-ings Burger."

2. Tina's relatable love for boys and their butts!

Tina is the walking embodiment of puberty and teen hormones. She's a gal that really admires a nice butt, and I admire her for that.

3. Gene's keyboard skills.

Gene is always coming up with a new catchy tune, and won't allow anyone to tell him he's not talented.

4. Bob's rival with Jimmy Pesto.

Not even the rival of Kanye and Taylor Swift can top the hatred these two feel towards each other. With opposing restaurants right across the street from each other it's no wonder these two can't get along. What makes this rivalry even more juicy? Bob's daughter Tina is in love with Pesto's son Jimmy Jr. It's all very Romeo and Juliet.

5. The babysitter I wish I had -- Jen.

Jen may not have chemistry with children, know how to use a microwave, and is known to accidentally give children black eyes, but she brings fun puzzles and really loves her job!

6. Louise's pranks and antics (and of course her bunny hat!)

Louise is always creating problems, whether it's accidentally spreading rumors that her dad's burgers are made of human flesh, or hiring bikers to cut off the ears of her enemies. Louise is feisty, but will always use her powers of deception for good to defend her family.

7. My favorite boy band: "Boyz 4 now."

The Boy band that just might be better than One Direction. The band is composed of one very middle aged man, two adults and a 13-year-old boy. They sing great songs like "I Love U So Much (Its Scary)." Boyz 4 Now really knows how to appeal to the emotions of a teen girl.

8. My favorite middle aged woman band: "The Ta Tas."

Linda and her old band from high school are not very talented, but they have good energy and sing about relatable mom topics such as, having "two out of five of their sexy parts" after giving birth.

9. The most loyal customers, Teddy and Mort

No matter if its raining, snowing or even a holiday the Belchers can always count on Ted and Mort to come is and enjoy a burger and some fries.

10. The close family bond the Belchers have.

They might fight, and get each other into ridiculous situations, but this family loves each other and will do anything to keep each other happy. It's a heartwarming touch to this hilarious show.