10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Write A Book

Writing a book sounds like a big challenge, but it's not as scary as you might think.

285
My City Web

One of the best ways to put yourself out there is to write a book. It's a great creative outlet with plenty of perks. Here are 10 reasons why everyone should try writing a book at least once in their life:

1. It boosts your self-esteem

It can make you feel good to get something done, and writing a book is quite an accomplishment.

2. It teaches you to commit

Writing a book doesn't happen overnight; you need to make a plan and stick with a schedule in order to finish it. Continuing to write on a schedule will help you to learn time management and commitment.

3. It's good writing practice

The best way to improve your writing is to practice; what better way than to write your own book?

4. Writing is therapeutic

Whether you're writing a journal, fan fiction, or even just short fantasy stories, it can be a real stress reliever to put your ideas on paper.

5. It's really easy to get published

There are plenty of websites that you can publish your book on, like Amazon and Lulu. And after you've published, you can even sell your book to people all over the world!

6. You get bragging rights

It can be pretty nice to show off, especially if it's something you've been working on for a while.

7. It keeps your brain on its toes

Not only is it good practice, but writing can improve your mental agility and vocabulary skills.

8. You could get class credit for it

For some schools, you can talk to the faculty and possibly get graduation credit for what you write. And if you write a non-fiction, it could mean getting neat opportunities for research in the future.

9. You can participate in programs like NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a fun program where students and adults take the challenge and write a novel all in the month of November. Books like Water For Elephants and Cinder started off as NaNoWriMo novels.

10. It's an amazing experience

After finishing my first novel, I was so proud of myself. It took a lot of hard work, from late nights to early morning type sessions. I had to get a friend to be my "writing coach" so that I could actually do it. But it was so worth it - writing a book is something not many people achieve, but most often because they think it's too great a feat. But that's not true at all - anyone can write a book, all they need is a pen, some paper, and motivation.