10 Reasons Why Disneyland is the Best During the Holidays

It's called "The Happiest Place on Earth" for a reason!

43

For those of you who know me, I am a HUGE Disneyland fanatic. I can probably tell you anything and everything there is to know about the Happiest Place on Earth (but I'll save that for another article). This week, I want to share with you all why Disneyland is the very best during the holidays. If you haven't been, you're SERIOUSLY missing out. Like actually, plan your visit ASAP. You won't regret it, trust me.

1. The Haunted Mansion

This guest favorite becomes well, less scary and more merry during the holiday season. It is decorated for "The Nightmare Before Christmas." The lines are usually a bit longer for this attraction during the holidays, but in my opinion, it's so worth it.

2. The Jingle Cruise

The Jungle Cruise is a great ride normally, but it's even more special during the holiday season. The Skippers have new sets of holiday themed jokes and the entire ride is decorated for Christmas. Even infamous Trader Sam is in the holiday spirit!

3. It's A Small World

Another guest favorite, this ride is even more beautiful during the holidays. The whole idea surrounding it is to promote peace on earth and uniting all the various cultures. Riders get to see dolls of various countries around the world dressed in their traditional holiday attire.

4. "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade

This parade has been around since 1994, and features the classic Disney Characters (Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Max, Pluto), along with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the reindeer! Anna and Elsa, along with other characters also make an appearance.

5. Believe... In Holiday Magic Fireworks Show

This amazing fireworks show will be returning in 2016. It contains instrumental versions of many popular Christmas songs, while Disney does what they do best; Creating a magical show that people of all ages will enjoy.

6. The Candlelight Processional

This has been a tradition since 1958. This year it is only being performed two nights in December. A holiday choir sings Christmas songs outside the Main Street Train Station. It's not something you'd want to miss!

7. World of Color - Season of Light

Everyone loves the World of Color water show at Disney's California Adventure, but it's even more special during the holiday season. It features holiday music along with animations from classic Disney films.

8. Festival of Holidays & Viva Navidad

For those of you who are over 21, you can drink at Disney's California Adventure. The Festival of Holidays is a larger version of California Adventure's Food & Wine Festival. It features 14 booths with seasonal foods and drinks, along with live entertainment. Viva Navidad celebrates Latino culture, and features a street dance party.

9. FOOD

For those of you who like to eat your way through Disneyland (like me), there is a ton of different holiday treats for you to choose from. These treats include peppermint ice cream, yule logs, and homemade candies! YUM!

10. The Magic

Disneyland is the most magical place on earth, and it's even more magical during the holidays. If none of the reasons I listed above have convinced you, just go simply to experience it. Going to Disneyland brings out the child in me, and some of my happiest memories are there. Go for the decor, the food, the drinks, the characters dressed in holiday attire, the gifts, and the fun. You won't regret a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth... trust me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!