10 Reasons Why We Are All Mia Thermopolis

Everyone has a little bit of Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi in them.
64

The Princess Diaries is one of my favorite movies of all time, and while watching it I realized there is a lot about Mia Thermopolis that we can relate to. I'm pretty sure none of us rule over a country, but I can guarantee that everyone can relate to at least one thing on this list of 10 reasons why we are all a little bit like Mia Thermopolis.

1. She gets speech anxiety.

Mia is terrified of public speaking and runs out of a class debate at the beginning of the movie. While I haven't seen anyone actually throw up while giving a speech, I know plenty of people stress and loose sleep over public speaking, just like Mia.

2. She doesn't follow the rules.

She likes to be invisible, but she can't be when there is someone yelling at her to get off the grass in three different languages.

3. She has a sassy best friend who isn't afraid to tell it like it is.

Everyone loves Lilly and just how sassy and upfront she is. I know a few of my friends who are just as sassy, if not even sassier, and I love them to death. They're never afraid to tell you the truth, even if it isn't what you want to hear, and I really admire that.

4. She has her go-to catchphrase.

Think this is everyone's go-to phrase.

5. She handles her problems like the rest of us.

I know I'm guilty of it, and I think it's pretty safe to assume that most other people are guilty of it as well. Seeing a problem, and avoiding it by sleeping.

6. She has that one friend who gives the best advice.

She may be a princess, but sometimes the haters still get to her. When they do Joe is always there to pick her up and give her the best advice. I know I have friends who I always go to for advice, and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too.

7. She can deal with the haters.

After her talks with Joe, she knows how to deal with the haters and does a good job of it. Way to stand up for yourself princess Mia!

8. She has bad hair days like the rest of us.

Mia knows the struggle of having bad hair days, just like the rest of us. But there is always tomorrow, you'll have a better hair day then.

9. She is a klutz and falls over at least once a day.

Sometimes multiple times a day.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that we have all fallen over before, I know I trip over my own feet on a daily basis. Mia just shows us that it's O.K. to be a klutz, and to own it.

10. Mia lives for her afternoon snacks

Food is her priority and I know a lot of us feel the same. Need I say more?

"The Princess Diaries" was one of my favorite movies growing up, and still continues to be one of my favorites to this day. Mia is such a relatable character and I will always find something I have in common with her. What do you have in common with Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi? Let everyone know in the comments below!