10 Reasons Why You Should Travel

10 Reasons Why You Should Travel

FInd out reasons why travel is not just an amazing experience, but important.

15
10 Reasons Why You Should Travel

As a world traveler, it always baffles me when I meet people who have never left their hometown and have zero desire to do so. If you fall into this category, here are a few reasons why you should break out of your comfort zone and just go.

1. Photos can't do justice

There is always something about seeing something for yourself versus reading about it or seeing photos of it. If you find deserts fascinating, set a goal to go out west and make the effort to get there, and it will be better than you could've ever imagined from looking at a simple photograph, I promise.

2. Expand your Horizons

By going out and exploring the world, it in turns allows you the ability to change your own perspective. There is nothing more fulfilling than seeing and trying new things and allowing yourself to be open-minded to the various cultures, people, and places that exist in our world.

3. Learn about yourself

There is nothing like flying in an airplane for 18 hours to really find out the kind of person you actually are. It's actually quite amusing.

4. People

Despite your personality type, the sheer experience of surrounding yourself with strangers and being able to people watch and just observe your surroundings (as well as going out and talking to people) really makes traveling worthwhile, for there is always something about human interactions that can enhance any trip.

5. Location

Maybe you have never seen a farm in your life, or maybe you have never seen a skyscraper, but whatever the circumstance, I encourage you to go somewhere that is environmentally very different than the place you live. It's always an amazing experiencing to explore new terrains and see and feel for yourself the many different types of places the world offers.

6. Food

Like the point above, there is no better way to step out of your comfort zone than to be open to try new things. Plus, everyone likes to eat. Sure, you might be able to get some Chinese takeout from the mall in your hometown, but imagine sitting in a restaurant in China and eating the traditional food as it's cooked in front of you by the locals. Nothing can beat the original.

7. Learn what you need

If you have never traveled before and decide to go, packing will come as a big challenge. If you are anything like me and believe you need your entire closet for an overnight trip, traveling out of the country and especially if you go backpacking really teaches you the art of minimalism, which as cliche as it sounds, is actually quite freeing.

8. Manage Money

Like the previous point, traveling really teaches you what you actually need, and this includes spending money. With traveling comes expenses, which is a large factor playing into why more people don't travel. However, with travel experience comes a sort of savvy that can help save money in the future, like going through cheap websites and booking resale flight tickets or Airbnb "hotels." Learning to navigate and organize money in order to get the absolute most out of your trip is key in having an unforgettable experience.

9. Spontaneity

Staying in one place for your whole life can become boring to say the least. As the saying goes, Carpe Diem, seize the day. We only get one life, why not make the most of it by traveling and experiencing a slice of all this world has to offer?

10. Enhance your Memories

Take the opportunity to travel so you can tell your own stories. Laugh and live and fall in love with the world and the people in it, and at the end of the day when it's all said and done, remember all the amazing experiences you've had and the person who became because of it.