10 Reasons To Visit Nigeria In Your Lifetime

413

Nigeria is one of the most underrated places on this planet - yes it's true. It's has the largest population in Africa and many various ways of life. This list contains just few reasons why you should go to Nigeria before you die.

1. Food

This is definitely one of the best things because there are local foods from nearly all the 500+ ethnic groups and everyone prides themselves on being able to cook one thing or the other. Also, Nigerian spices are amazing and second to none.

2. Hospitality

Nigerians are very friendly people. It's weird. We go through a lot being citizens of a developing country, but are still able to care for people outside ourselves and our families.

3. Fashion

Go outside on any given street on any given day and you'll see styles you've never seen before. Seriously. Nigerians are highly creative and it seems I see new outfit styles everyday. Also, the price to get these custom clothes and accessories as a tourist is affordable.

4. Photo opportunities

This list shows cities like Port Harcourt, Uyo, Calabar, and Abuja and their great sights.

5. Weather

One of the best things about Nigeria. I say there are basically two seasons - rainy and hot. No snow, hardly any hail or floods, and most importantly, rarely any natural disasters. Our weather is one of the priceless gifts from God.

6. Accents

Nigerian accents are on another level! There's this myth that there is a "Nigerian accent" but there really isn't. Any accent you hear is caused by either the person's tribe or where they grew up. Be sure to expect different accents from the different tribes and that's exciting.

7. Humor

This is the secret to why Nigerians don't look old. Yes, we sometimes think we're the funniest people on the face on this earth but we know laughter lightens so many burdens. Visit Nigeria because there's always humor to be found in every situation.

8. Markets

These are the main source of obtaining anything. You can get your hair done, nails done, food shopping done, and even get new clothes. Nigerian markets are one of the things I love most about Nigeria because bargaining is possible and saving money whenever it's possible is a major key.

9. Music

Nigerian music is pretty cool too. Its beats are fitting for parties or just general hype music to keep the lively spirit of the nation flowing.

10. Occasions

Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, carnivals, and even burials (of very aged people, of course) can be a lot of fun. Nigerians are so good at planning and executing parties. Such a celebration style is probably why Nigerians are generally happy and optimistic humans.