10 Reasons To Love Having A Big Family

10 Reasons To Love Having A Big Family

Because Family Is Forever

18
10 Reasons To Love Having A Big Family
Rebecca Najdzinski

Having a big family has it's ups and downs, but mainly I love having a big family. Cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma, grandpa, everyone I love equally. Here are my top ten reasons why I love having a big family;

1. Going down to Grandma’s house was always exciting

2. Holidays guarantee a huge celebration

Having a big family is hard to get everyone together for certain events. But on holidays almost everyone makes it their top priority to make it to grandma’s house. With everyone in one house it could feel almost hard to breathe, but that’s the best part because that means everyone is together and happy.

3. Games get really intense

Growing up there were always enough cousins around to make large teams for whatever game we decided to play that day. Sometimes though it can get pretty cutthroat out there.

4. You’re never without a friend

Sometimes I forget that my cousins are related to me. Having a large family provides a large supply of friends. I talk to some of my cousins every day. They are my best friends and I couldn’t imagine my life without any of them. Plus, it is a bonus that you get to spend holidays with your best friends.

5. You tend to see a cousin or Aunt nearly every time you go out

My friends always laugh at me because it seems almost every time we go out some where I end up saying, “Look there’s my aunt!” or “I think that was my cousin!”

6. You have a huge support system

7. Your cousins know you sometimes better than you know yourself

Life can be hard and confusing. Your cousins grew up with you; they know who you are and who you aren’t. They will always keep it real with you whether it’s what you want to hear or not. They love you and only want you to be the best that you can be.

8. Weddings mean a huge reception and a ton of dancing

Weddings are probably the most exciting celebration for a big family. Once again it is a reason for everyone to attend. The reception is usually held in a large hall so this means there is plenty of food for everyone and you don’t have to fight for a place to sit and eat. Best part though is the dancing; it’s fun watch the aunts jam out to their favorite songs.

9. All your Aunts and Uncles become your second parents

Sometimes you need to hear an opinion from someone other than your parents. Aunts and Uncles love you just as much and can give you some awesome advice.

10. No matter what happens in life you’ll always have someone to turn to

I love being part of a huge family. I love each and every one of my family members and couldn’t ask for any better. Family is forever and I know that wherever I go in life I will always have someone to turn to.