10 Reasons You Actually Hate Your Long Mane Of Hair

The tangles are endless.

2554
Felix Russell-Saw/Instagram

I couldn't tell you just how many times or how often I will have somebody compliment my hair. Yes, I know it's lame of me to complain about a compliment. Just let me finish.

So many times, I've told people that I hate dealing with having long and fine hair. Of course, I tend to get a lot of confused faces when I start my rant. Below are 10 Reasons Why Long Hair Sucks

1. You can never tie your hair ties enough times to ~really~ hold it as tightly as you want.
  2. You struggle to find hair accessories that will stay put. Either they are too small or too big, or just down right dysfunctional.
  3. Trying out new hairstyles can be extremely stressful. Sure, that photograph you found online of the cute "half up-half down" looks easy... but go ahead and try it and tell me how it works for you. I'll wait.
  4. Bangs, no matter how they are cut, just won't ever work (unless you want to spend an hour and an ungodly amount of heat and product on them). Who really has that kind of time on their hands? For some reason, bangs that don't look like strings hanging in front of your forehead are about as mythical as a leprechaun.
  5. No matter how much you brush your hair and have the dead ends trimmed, it always ends up looking stringy again by the end of the day. This will defeat all will that you may have left to style your hair.
  6. Coloring your hair will likely take two boxes of dye, if you do it yourself (which I don't recommend). Whoever coined the term "long hair, don't care", obviously was drunk.
  7. Giant hair clips are a staple item in your vanity. Remember these words: When it doubt, clip it out. (Or in most cases, clip it up). Utilizing this technique, you can trick people into believing that you meant for your hair to look like you flipped it everywhere on purpose.
  8. It takes a year and a half to dry after each shampoo, and cheaper conditioners can leave it feeling greasy. This is just one of the many struggles.
  9. It tends to get caught on literally everything... glasses, cell phone case, eyelashes, mouth (add lip gloss to the mix and you're done for), doors, any kind of crevice, chairs, the list goes on. Long hair is a target for babies and even pets. Don't even get me start on how hair catches on itself. The tangles are endless.
  10. Of course, there are a few perks to long hair. It's great for helping princes climb up walls.

While I love having my hair grown out, there have been many days where I wanted to simply cut it off and not have to struggle with it. Learning how to braid can help control the chaos, and it also boosts morale a bit when you nail it (if you're a not-so-feminine gal like myself).

I've learned that pony tails are a great go-to when all else fails. Having fine hair is nice in some ways, like when it's summertime and you're already sweating your life away. Overall, I'm thankful that I have healthy hair and I wouldn't trade it for anything!