10 Reasons You Should Study Astrology

10 Reasons You Should Study Astrology

Use your birth chart to conquer the world.

2307
10 Reasons You Should Study Astrology
Instagram | @potion.no9

As a beginner in the field of astrology, let me just start out saying that I don't know everything about it. Some astrologists study for years and still don't fully understand the subject.

To quote my favorite book of all time (and one you should look into if you do want to learn more about astrology), Joanna Woolfold's "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need," "Astrology has been described as a stairway leading into your deeper self. It holds out the promise that you do not have to pass through life reacting blindly to experience, that you can within limits direct your own destiny and in the process reach a truer self-understanding."

1. It's the world's oldest science

The first dynasty of Mesopotamia (1950-1651 BC) studied astrology, so why shouldn't you?

2. You can finally understand why you are the way you are

Astrology offers everyone insight into who they are and what they will become through their birth chart. Your birth chart can explain why you messed up your last relationship, or why you and your best friend now hate each other. If you want to start exploring your own birth chart, here is an amazing website to look at.

3. Reading other people's birth charts

What's more fun than learning way too much information about a person that you just met in order to decide if you are going to get along with them or not? Obviously, astrology can't tell you whether or not your current relationship is going to end in 17 days or not, it just gives you insight into how that person thinks and acts.

4. General horoscopes may not relate to you without you knowing your whole birth chart

The sign that you know to be yours is your sun sign. They change every month and they represent your outer personality. However, if you feel like you can't relate to astrology memes based on your sun sign, you may show more traits from signs in different planets/houses.

4. You can finally prove to your friends that your ex is the absolute worst

The first thing I did when I became interested in astrology was dissecting my ex's birth chart. In doing this, I found that there was no possible way that we could have ever had a long-term relationship, because of our planetary aspects that I would need the length of five more articles to explain.

5. Talking points during icebreakers

If you're in college and you dread syllabus week because speaking about yourself in front of strangers gives you crippling anxiety, look no further. Just tell your new peers that you like astrology, tell them the placements that you're most proud of, and they will be so confused that no one will ask questions (or they reveal their charts to you and BAM you have a new best friend).

6. Making steps towards improving your life

You can use astrology in many different ways, but this is the most constructive one. By examining your own birth chart, you can look for areas of improvement and change in your life, and then act on them in the best way you know how.

7. It gives you a new hobby

There's nothing wrong with re-watching the office on Netflix for the 63rd time, but why not try something new?

8. You get to challenge Buzzfeed and Cosmopolitan

I spend a considerable amount of time reading through those generic "weekly horoscopes" that every popular teen magazine makes.

9. Roasting your friends and enemies without them knowing

There is no better feeling than catching up with your ex in the group chat, and dragging him through the mud without him even knowing. This may not be a very constructive use of your knowledge, but if you have an air sign in your moon/rising, you understand.

10. Astrotwitter is hilarious, and you finally get to participate

Here are some of my favorite astrology accounts on Twitter:

@astroabz

@Capqueenastro

@bosstrology

@astromoondust

@classtrology

@milkstrology

@winestrology

@Astrlgytea

@thelovelyyleo