10 Reasons Why Small Schools Rock

10 Reasons Why Small Schools Rock

Or in other words, 10 reasons to brag why I love my school.

10
10 Reasons Why Small Schools Rock
Morgan Phillips

After going to not one, but two smaller schools, I think it's safe to say I'm qualified to say why they ROCK!

I've never gone to a large school, not even in high school, so I could never actually compare them, but I can give you all the positives of going to a tiny school so that you can decide how great they can be for yourself.

1. It's not hard to make friends - especially since there's probably only 5-15 people to a classroom at once.

2. Professors will know if you miss class, so you'll feel more inclined to go!

3. You get classes you want and don't have to fight over them because there's not that many students.

4. You can play a sport in each season! (For me, it's soccer, basketball, and tennis!!)

5. You can also join as many clubs as you want - but you might be sucked into being a leader! (Which isn't all that bad for your resume.)

6. You know basically everyone, so you'll always see a friend everywhere you go, whether it be the library, lunch, or just chilling in a sitting area.

7. Professors know you for YOU and will help you succeed in class & in your career.

8. Alumni associations are great, so free stuff!!! (Even though they might beat you in alumni games.)

9. Lunch lines are never that busy, so you can get in and out if you need to.

10. Most smaller schools have a religious affiliation so you literally get to have class to learn about Our Savior!! How great is that?

I've come up with a few reasons why small schools are so great and I could probably think of a million more, but I won't annoy you too much with bragging about how I love my school! Every school is different and has it's own pros/cons so it's important to know what environment you feel the most comfortable in, and to make sure you're not settling when choosing your future college. It can and will be the best four years of your life.