10 Reasons You Could Never, EVER, Do Life Without Your Sister
popular

We can always rely on our sisters to be there for us.

2092
Kirsten Ocwieja

Your sister is there for you through the good and bad. As you go through life, you know that your sister will always be by your side guiding you in the right direction.

Without my own sister, I would not be the person that I am today. So, this article is for those who want to say, "Thank you" to their sisters.

1. You're both never going anywhere, you will always be there for each other.

No matter how big or small the fight, she will always be your sister. You have grown up sharing so many of the same amazing memories and it is not worth letting something small stand in the way of your sisterhood.

2. They have seen you at your worst and best.

We all go through a rough patch no matter how old we are, and we can always rely on our sisters to be there for us. Also, even on those good days, you know that they will be your biggest cheerleader rooting for you to keep up the good work.

3. Most of the time, she won't tell Mom your secrets.

Growing up, it is easy to find yourselves testing the rules and eventually getting yourself into trouble. Hey sis, remember that time I had to run away from the cops at a party in high school? Yeah, let us never tell Mom that.

4. Your sibling rivalry is a positive motivation for each other.

As one whose sister graduated from nursing school at Villanova University, one can imagine big expectations for me to do just as well. Although I am studying accounting, I desire to be just as successful as her and land a job somewhere as spectacular as her. Watching her go through school and passing the Nclex exam the first time pushes me to work just as hard so that I can pass the CPA exam the first time, too.

5. They went through the ~ugly~ stage with you.

Ugh, I have a pimple ... Oh, you have a pimple too? Good. I am so over it. How were we so cute when we were little and now going through this awkward stage? Will we ever get through it? Yes, we will and we will get through it together.

6. It does not matter how much you fight because if someone else disrespects you, you know that your sister will be ready to attack them.

That old boyfriend that once thought he could be mean to you after breaking up is now actually scared because your older sister has got your back. Do not worry sis, I will unfollow him on all social media accounts. He does not deserve MY like.

7. They are a designated friend to do fun things with you.

You can always count on your sister to want to go shopping, go rollerblading or go for a baseball game. Your parents would never let her say no to you!

8. You can be gross together.

You grow up in the same household, so there is no question that you're going to talk about gross hygiene habits. Oh, you have not thrown your bra in the dirty clothes for weeks? Good, neither have I.

9. She is the only person who understands why your family is so unique.

I do not think that any other family sends millions of pictures of their dog in their family group chat on a daily basis. Thanks for being the only person to get it and for always joining the fun conversation.

10. She is the best and she is your best friend.

No one else sees you go through life the way that your sister does. She becomes your best friend when she is there for you by your side on a good day or bad, and is always willing to do fun things with you. I am so glad that we are never allowed to not be sisters anymore because I could not imagine my life without you.