10 Undeniable Signs Your Sister Is Your 'Person'

The bond we share is like non other experienced in life.
49

Everyone should have their person, whether that person is a significant other, a friend, or a family member.

Here are 10 reasons why my sister is my person (or why my sisters are my people):

1. You hang out with her allllll the time.

I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out their sister all the time? She knows every little detail about you--even the ugly ones--and still chooses to be seen with you in public on a regular basis. Score.

2. She's the first person you call up when you have some big news to spill--both good and bad.

If it's good, she's your biggest cheerleader, but if it's bad, watch out world because sister is coming fully loaded and ready to throw down.

3. When you're feeling down, she knows just how to cheer you up.

Have you seen my sisters act goofy? It's pretty hilarious. I don't think anyone could keep crying after watching them for a few hours.

4. She's your first friend.

Whether you were born first or she was, it doesn't really matter, because there is no closer relationship than one that starts at birth. You literally were one of the first people to hold her in your arms (besides your parents), it doesn't get much better than that.

5. Honesty is never an issue.

This definitely brings out the love/hate aspect of your relationship. You love her opinion because you always know she would never lie to you, but then sometimes, the truth could be handled in a much more delicate manner.

6. You play to each other's strengths.

I have three sisters and we all bring different attributes to the table. I have the tough-outdoorsy sister, the musically talented but also killer athlete sister, and the crafty fashion queen of the family. And you might be asking where I fall, well, I'm the oldest and the natural born leader of the family. So yes, we definitely have all areas of life covered.

7. She's always going to be there.

Whether you like it or not. It really doesn't matter how many times you fight, you have this special bond that allows you to forgive and forget, regardless of the damage of the crime.

8. She is an amazing support system.

Nervous for the big test coming up? Have a job interview that is totally stressing you out? You're a starter for the district finals game? You have a big dance recital coming up? Whatever the case may be, your sister will always be there to offer encouraging words or words of advice to get you through your most stressful moments.

9. She inspires you every day.

I may be the oldest, but my three younger sisters inspire me every single day to be the very best version of me.

10. No one will ever ruin the relationship you have or the bond you share.

Not even your future or current significant other. Sure the relationship may change slighlty, but your sister(s) will always continue to support, motivate, inspire, cheer you up, laugh at your stories, reminisce on the good ole days, and will never leave you.

So to my parents, thank you for blessing me with three beautiful younger sisters (and my brothers too I guess). And to my sisters, thank you for being my people, I don't know where I would be in my life without you.

Love you long time,

Your big sis.