10 Reasons Older Friends Are A Blessing

10 Reasons Older Friends Are A Blessing

Younger friends aren't so bad though!

261
MyDearValentine

First off, friends are an amazing gift from God; not everyone can say that they have a good group of "friends", but friends are friends, regardless of age. Everyone has friends whether they are younger, the same age or older, obviously! Coming from the oldest friend of her friend group until recently, it was difficult because once I turned 21 there were things that I could do but that my younger friends couldn't. We all know those two major things: drink legally and gamble.

Don't get me wrong, my best friend is only 19 and I wouldn't trade her for the world. We've been together pretty much almost every day for the last two and a half years and even though I turned 21, that hasn't changed anything. Younger friends are more of a treasure because they are usually the childhood friends that you grow up with and know you better than anyone, inside and out. Younger friends have the tendency to ask you about things because when you're older, you've most likely already have gone through that. Thanks for being the outgoing "younger me", KMS.

But, as mentioned earlier, I can now do other things that she can't. Point being, older friends are a blessing when it comes to things such as gambling and going out to have a few drinks, whereas, younger friends are a blessing when it comes to just sitting around the house or just going out to catch Pokemon.

Why are older friends such a blessing? Here are just 10 simple reasons why it's a blessing to have at least one older close friend.

1. You learn from their mistakes in the past.

2. When you go through trials and tribulations, they are the best to run too, since they most likely already dealt with that.

3. Their presence has such a calming effect on your mood because you know they'll go above and beyond to cheer you up

4. They'll tell you how it is and not what you want to hear.

5. They have a different aspect on things.

6. You always have someone to purchase adult beverages for you (if under 21!).

7. For whatever the reason may be, advice coming from someone with a few more years of life experience just sounds a whole lot better.

8. You know that they'll always be there for you.

9. They value friendships more.

10. They seem to get you more because you remind them of how they were at your age.

So this one's for you Nichole, thanks for always being the friend that makes sure I'm alright no matter the situation! I always tell you that you're like my mom with the texts saying "Hey ! Just thinking about you!" or "text me when you leave and when you get there so I know you're okay, love you!" Although you sound like my mom, that's what I mean by older friends seem to value friendships more. I greatly appreciate it. I would be lost without you.

Even though the gap is seven years, when we're together, you wouldn't even know it. We have the same humor, same thought process and we're just a great time. Thank you for staying my friend even though I know it may be difficult!

Sincerely,

The Youngin'