10 Reasons Why Having A Big Family Is The Best

It's not just about all the presents we get.

1264
Stephanie Grosse

Growing up with a big, tight family has allowed me to develop into the person I am today. My mom was one of seven while my dad was one of three so just having those aunts and uncles made my family big enough. Then we bring in the 14 cousins and the five children my cousins have, so you can say that my family is pretty big. It also helps that my cousins and I are all close in age. Although family can get on your nerves sometimes, they will always be there for you when you need them.

1. You always have a place to stay if you go on vacation to their town.

It helps if you have family in Florida, Virginia, New York etc. because these are all spots that have plenty of activities to do around town and they will be happy to see you. I mean who stays at hotels when you can stay at your aunt's and uncle's house?

2. Each family member has a different style of cooking.

By having so many cooks in the family, you will eat a lot of food when you go over their houses. Each family member cooks everything a little bit different than the others so your taste buds are always happy trying something new.

3. Children vs adult sporting events are always in full swing.

When the entire family gets together, always expect children vs adult hockey, football, volleyball, soccer, even pool basketball. These are the events that have no rules and anything goes. We can never predict who will come out victorious, but that is the fun part about it.

4. Holidays

You will always have family around to celebrate the holidays with even when your family is spread out along the east coast. Talking about life and eating good food while celebrating every holiday is what I look forward to every year.

5. You always have someone to talk to.

Whether you are having a bad day or just want to share good news, your family is always there to listen and they will always give you their best advice. Each family member is a phone call away and will always be happy to hear your voice.

6. They have learned from their experiences and will be happy to share what they learned.

Everyone has most likely gone through their teen years, college and raising a family. They have learned from their mistakes and are there to help you with your mistakes. They know how handle every situation you are in now and will help you have the best outcome possible.

7. They are happy to share their childhood memories.

Whether you want to hear them or not, they will always be there to tell you what life was like with your mom or dad. These are stories that help you learn what your parents were like when they were your age. Now you can use these stories to your advantage when they want to lecture you on something that they did before that they don't want you knowing about.

8. They are always down to do anything with you.

Whether you want to go exploring, go to Chipotle or just go on a midnight run to McDonald's, they are always down for the drive.

9. They share the same interests as you.

Everyone in my family shares the same love for roller coasters, the beach and Chipotle which means you always have someone to go anywhere with you when your friends don't like roller coasters or surfing the waves at the beach.

10. The amount of love and support is infinite.

There is always going to be love and support from your family, but having a big family means that the amount is infinite. Everyone will be there to support you in every decision you make and will love you to the end of time.

I am so thankful to be part of such a big family that is so close with each other. They made growing up easy and I always had a friend to turn to when I needed someone to talk to. I can't wait to get together with my entire family again and become even closer than we are now.