10 Reasons You Should Date A Camp Counselor

Ever need a tye dye shirt? Don't worry, we've got you.
467

If you've ever found yourself dating someone who's spent many summers as a camp counselor, then boy you're in for a treat. Camp counselors are basically the bomb, and they make pretty great dates too. In case you needed to know why here are some reasons for you.

1. We're not high maintenance

If you've ever been to a summer camp before you know there's no time for 20-minute showers and a full face of makeup. Counselors especially may enjoy the luxury when they can but they know how to live without.

2. And we aren't dependent on our phone

If you actually have access to your phone or service for that matter it's not like you have time for it anyway when you're busy with campers. We can easily go a while without our phones and it won't be the end of the world.

3. We're good with kids AND parents

Campers are only half of the battle, you have to win the parents over to earn their trust enough to look after their babies. I promise your whole family is going to love us.

4. We can be professional and we can be a total goofball

You have to play both roles as a counselor. You have to be able to be a listening ear if campers approach you with red flag topics and you have to be able to make them laugh when they're done. That's a pretty cool talent if I do say so myself.

5. We don't panic easily

We have to learn to be calm, cool and collected even if things go wrong. I was told to be ducks on water; calm on the surface but paddling like crazy below.

6. We're spontaneous and quick thinkers

It's raining outside but campfire is tonight? Someone get a fan, streamers, and flashlights, we're moving it inside.

7. We're experts at tye dye

Tye dye is cool, tye dye is fun, tye dye will never ever go out of fashion, you can never have too much tye dye anything.

8. We can function on little sleep but also appreciate a good nap

Lol, there's no such thing as sleep as a camp counselor. When you doze off at night someone has to pee, one has a stomach ache, the other JUST WON'T GO TO SLEEP. Yet we still do it all over again the next day. But that doesn't mean we can't appreciate a solid nap and we'll totally understand when you need one.

9. They're prepared for ANYTHING

CPR and basic first aid are just two of the skills I've learned over the years. I also know how to start a fire without a lighter, cook just about anything over that fire, make a killer friendship bracelet and fit two weeks worth of gear in one suitcase.

10. We genuinely care about people

That's the whole reason we do what we do. No one signs up to be a camp counselor, a shoulder to cry on, a mentor, a leader and a friend if they didn't care.

I mean, come one now, why wouldn't you wanna date a camp counselor? Like I said, we're actually the bomb, awkward camp pictures, Dad jokes, little sleep, tye dye and all.