Being an aunt is so much cooler than most could imagine for so many reasons!
1. I get to stay young longer because my little Tuck will always keep me on my toes.
Playing endless games with cars and dinosaurs is the best. Not to mention, I have someone who will always be silly with me.
2. Even though my sweet nephew is such a handful, I'm so thankful to have him.
He is wild but he also has the sweetest little heart.
3. I have a mini best friend.
Yes, I know I'm his best friend because he sure tells me every time we are together, "you're my best friend" and "I love you." Neither of these statements get old.
4. I get emotional sometimes because I think about how much he's taught me.
Because of him, I've learned patience and know what it feels like to provide guidance for him. He's three but a strong three who knows everything he wants and I love that because I have similar characteristics.
5. He often reminds me of myself.
I love being able to look at his little brown-eyed, gap-toothed face because my grin is so goofy, too. I sometimes feel like I'm looking into a mirror.
6. When I am able to get his attention and he listens and is obedient, I don't feel powerful.
Instead, I feel as if I am helping contribute to his good behavior.
7. My brother and sister-in-law have created a precious little angel.
I welcome him open-armed every time I get to see him.
8. I have built-in lunch/ dinner dates.
Tuck has been my sit-in many times when everyone else was busy. Not to mention, he's so well-mannered that he and I both get compliments when we go out together.
9. I feel like we think along the same wavelength.
He's very bright and so smart so our conversations are lengthy and very interesting. I love to hear his funny little thoughts that always have me laughing.
10. Tucker is a piece of my heart that will never be replaced by anything and I couldn't imagine this sweet life without his hard-headed self.
Oftentimes I forget how blessed I am and Tucker is my sweet reminder on how truly blessed I really am. For this and this alone I am so very thankful.