10 Realizations When You're Single

10 Realizations When You're Single

Putting yourself first.

23
10 Realizations When You're Single
Themes.com

Being single after a long term relationship is possibly the most liberating feeling, after the pain wears away. Time heals everything and then soon you realize that being single is the best and you can get used to this new lifestyle. Here are 10 realizations when you're single:

1. Not owing anyone an explanation

You can go out and post pictures and you owe nobody an explanation. It is a breath of fresh of fresh air to not worry about judgements from others.

2. No social media worries

Social media, whether you want to admit it or not, is a big deal that affects relationships. But now that you're single, you no longer have to be a spy and keep tabs on anyone.

3. Making time for people who care about you

You can go out with your friends now who watched you cry for months. You can put the effort back into the relationships with people who put you first.

4. Putting yourself first

Talking care of yourself is often something that can become neglected when in a relationship. It's now time to put you first and do what makes you happy.

5. Treating yourself

The money and time you invested into your significant other is now yours. Take advantage of being selfish.

6. Finding out who you are and what you want

Finding yourself is very important. How are you ever suppose to find yourself when you have aways been tied down? This is a great time to learn what you stand for and believe in.

7. Becoming independent

Special dates and holidays that pass will hurt at first, however it will only make you stronger. Once you gain your independence, this confidence will carry over into your next relationship, only making it stronger.

8. Learning to live

Literally, stop and smell the roses. Although cliche, it is so true. The little things in life that you enjoy will even be more memorable now.

9. Finding new things exciting

Old memories and feelings are attached to you still, however now you can make new, exciting memories. Maybe venture out to a new place to eat, or go somewhere that you've never been. Soon the old ones will fade and you won't miss them.

10. Living for yourself

Making your own decisions for your own self interest is not selfish. It is okay being so young to live for yourself. You will find yourself happier too.