10 Quotes You Need To Hear To Get Off Your A**

We all need a little motivation here and there.

27
sheknows

School's starting back up, and everyone needs a little motivation to jumpstart their semester on the right foot. After spending lazy summer days binge watching netflix, hitting the beach, or even working all summer, students are still in "summer mode," AKA unprepared for their teachers to pile on the workload by week 2. As a student who needs to hear it herself sometimes, here are some quotes to make sure you're capitalizing on the opportunity to fight the "lazies" and be great.

“If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” –Dale Carnegie

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” –Rabindranath Tagore

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” –Mark Twain

“Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools.” –Og Mandino

“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” -Oprah Winfrey

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” –Bruce Lee

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” –Stephen King

“But if all they did was kill time, time would end up killing them.” –Michael Grant

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." –Walt Disney

"Opportunities don't happen. You create them." -Chris Grosser

So turn off that show, hit the gym, check your planner, complete an assignment that isn't due for another week. Do whatever it is that will make you lie in bed at night and say, "I did good today."