5 Quotes That Embody the Kind Of Love We're All Looking For

What Is Life Without Love?

129

Especially in today's society, it is scarily easy to fall into the trap of believing true love won't ever happen for you.

So many have a crippling fear of ending up alone, and why? Because we are all craving the same thing: Someone to love and accept us for everything that we are. Someone to walk through life with who will stick by our side through absolutely anything. Someone who will adore what is our biggest insecurity. Someone who loves us despite the mistakes we make.

But the world isn't perfect. Love doesn't always work out.

Love isn't always reciprocated.

Our hearts willbreak.

Heartbreak is inevitable.

But God would not instill this deep desire for companionship if it wasn't His will for us, if it was unrealistic or impossible.

So do not let anyone tell you that your hopes are too high, because this is what love is supposed to be like.

"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." - Ann Landers

Yes, the person you love will disappoint you more times than you can count. But, they never stop showing you that they care, and they try their best for you; trying their best to lift you up. They do whatever it takes to make things work, because they cannot even begin to imagine life without you.

They.

Never.

Give up on you.

"Immature love says, 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says, 'I need you because I love you.' " - Erich Fromm

Real, selfless love is not based on what the other person can give you, but on the desire you both have to stand by each other through it all, the desire to give each other the world.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Love can be terrifying, because opening up and breaking down your walls makes us the most vulnerable. But, real love flourishes despite the fear, it eliminates fear.

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." - Oscar Wilde

Love is seeing the hidden beauty within someone, seeing a side of them that no one else does.

"Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise." - Victor Hugo

Love should be incredible. It should make you wonder how you lived your life before you found it.

Love should be courageous. It should never give up. It should be willing to fight.

Love should be selfless.

It should be forgiveness.

It should be understanding.

It should be compassion.

It should be honest.

It should be certain.