10 Quotes Every Student Needs To Hear At The Start Of A New Semester

This is exactly what we all need to hear.

685

At the start of every new semester students are filled with conflicting emotions and feelings. Happiness, anxiousness, frustration, eagerness, confusion and enjoyment are all feelings and emotions that flood the brains of college students in the first week or so at the start of a new gamut of classes, friends and experiences. In order to combat these extreme feelings, here are 10 quotations that every college student needs to read:

1. "In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can." -Niko Kazantzakis

This is so important for everyone in everything we do.

2. "A little progress each day adds up to big results." -Satya Nani

Even though it may seem that that what we do in one day is not a lot, it does add up and amount to a lot in the end!

3. "It's never too late to get your sh*t together."

Truth.

4. "Don't stop until you're proud."

I really love this.

5. "May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears." -Nelson Mandela

This is beautiful, just beautiful.

6. "If you’re always trying to be normal you’ll never know how amazing you can be.” -Maya Angelou

Normalcy doesn't always allow for creativity. Keep this in mind.

7. "Humility is not thinking less of yourself. It’s thinking of yourself less." -C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis never ceases to amaze me.

8. "A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there."

Something that is familiar and feels comfortable may not allow us to be our best selves.

9. "Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow"

This is so important in choosing how we spend our days.

10. "Any thing is possible if you've got enough nerve" -J.K. Rowling

This is the perfect quote to end with.