10 Proud Mom Moments
10 Proud Mom Moments
Google

Entering into your 20's is the decade where it seems that everyone around you is getting married, getting pregnant, graduating with high degrees, getting awesome jobs, etc. There's a lot to be proud of; it feels like all your precious cinnamon buns are doing big things and you can't help but cry a little. Here are a few proud mom moments you likely share with your friends around this time:

1. Graduating School

High school, community college, university, technical programs, etc., nothing brings you to tears more than seeing your babies accomplish their dreams and cross that stage. If your throat isn't sore from screaming when their name is called, you're not mom-ing enough.

2. Job Interviews/Offers

After a grueling search, they finally got an interview! There is a glimmer of hope in their eyes, and a shimmering tear in yours. So proud.

3. When they actually get the job/internship

MY BABY HAS A JOB! MAKING MONEY! ADULTING! THEY DID THE THING! Nothing makes me more excited than when my friends get a job, even if it's something as lame as a grocery store. They still went out there and did it! Especially with internships, since those are so scarce and often unpaid, but at least it's in the field they like.

4. Getting a high GPA

Two of my friends got 4.0 GPAs this past semester, and all four of our little squad made Dean's List. I was so proud I cried a little. My babies, being smart and stuff!

5. Finding a new apartment/house/living space

Seeing friends move into new places is always exciting. I love watching them get excited about decorating! They are taking a huge step into adult independence, and that is nothing to sneeze at!

6. Getting engaged/married

Your little babies found love! And they are so happy! A little part of me always gets so emotional when I see proposal/wedding photos. Everyone looks so happy and gorgeous and ugh.

7. Getting pregnant

Your babies are having babies! Little people that look like them! And they can walk around like submarines for awhile! Pregnant friends are so cute.

8. Getting their licenses

Driving is hard at first. When your friend finally gets their license and can experience the joys of road rage and freedom, it's very exciting.

9. Getting a new car

To accompany the license, one needs a car to drive around. Whether it's their first clunker, or their third new dealership find, getting a new car is a very joyous occasion. When I bought my first car, I was so proud that I had earned it all by myself, using my own money. I feel just as proud of my friends who buy their first cars with all that hard earned money.

10. When your friends do literally anything

I am so supportive of my friend's, my greatest joy in life is seeing them accomplish things, no matter how small. You and your boyfriend went on a date last night? YAY! You studied really hard for a test and got a B? YAY! You got your oil changed after procrastinating for six months? YAY! You got out of bed on your day off? YAY!

This has been a proud mom post, cheering you on from the sidelines. Whenever your friend does a thing, and you feel like a proud mom, share this with them. <3 :) BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!