10 Must-Have Products To Start a Beauty Collection

All you need to apply makeup, and more!

13
Nicole Linfante

Everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to beauty, but most beginners do not know where to begin. Most beginners go right to Mac or Sephora and ask for help but end up spending over $200 in products that they do not know how to use, or end up never using them! As a beginner, you should know that drugstore makeup, and travel size kits can become your best friends very quickly and save you tons of money inthe long run. Here are the absolute must-haves, with affordable options to go along with them!

1. Primer

Primer is the most essential product you can have in your makeup bag, whether you only wear one makeup product or twenty on your face, you always need a good base primer to keep that makeup locked in place. Primer is the one product that can keep your makeup from moving on your face, and even adds longevity to the makeup you are wearing!

Affordable Options: Wet n Wild Coverall Primer($4.68), E.L.F Cosmetics Essential Eyelid Primer($2.50)

2. Mascara

Mascara becomes essential because when you have any type of makeup on, your eyelashes tend to stick out poorly if you do not put any mascara on them. Also, mascara is one of the only products that can be worn by itself as a effortless look. Mascara can give you a simple look or even piece together your whole makeup look with voluminous lashes.

Affordable Options: Essence “All Eyes on Me” Mascara($2.99)

3. Pencil Eyeliner

For those of you who are intimidated by liquid eyeliner and are not quite sure on how to do a wing eyeliner, pencil liner can be compared to the training wheels. Pencil liner can get you into the motions of putting on eyeliner. You can slowly teach yourself how to put on regular eyeliner, and gives you the confidence to wing it out! Also, pencil liner is a great tool to start learning how to smoke out your lower lash line.

Affordable Options: Sweet and Shimmer, Eyeliner Pencil with Sharpener ($2.99)

4. Foundation

From full to sheer coverage, foundation will get you on the right track to becoming a makeup pro. Having foundation on your face can make you look seamless and ready to go. Also, will teach you right away how to blend out makeup. With foundation you have a much bigger canvas to work on, making it easy to see streaks or patchiness in what you applied. Blending is a big process to makeup and learning through foundation is a great way to start.

Affordable Options: Maybelline Fit Me, Matte+Poreless or Dewy+Smooth Foundation($7.99)

5. Brushes

Having a simple brush kit will help your whole makeup application a breeze. This is a must have essential will get on all of your makeup easily and will help you learn how you like to have your makeup applied. Brushes really are a must have because without a brush, how else can you apply most liquid products?!

Affordable Options: EcoTools Brush Touch Up Set($9.99)

6. Neutral Eye Palette

Eyeshadow is very tricky to figure out at first, you have no idea what makes your eye pop or where your crease is in your eye. What can help you learn is a very neutral toned color bracket that will help teach you the in’s and out’s of eye shadow. Having these super neutral tones will help you greatly when you want to experiment with brighter and bolder colors.

Affordable Options: Essence All About Nudes($5.49), Makeup Revolution Romantic Smoked Redemption Eyeshadow Palette($7.00)

7. Bronzer

This face product is essential to warm up your face, and bring different dimensions to how you look. Bronzer also can teach you a lot about contouring. Bronzing will map out areas of your face that you think to be warmed up, and gives you a glow look without having to sit in the sun!

Affordable Options:E.L.F Cosmetics Baked Bronzer($3.00), Rimmel London Natural Bronzer($4.99)

8. Moisturizer

Moisturizing the skin helps prevent breakouts for your makeup, and even helps your primer be more activated for your makeup. Makeup wipes also dry out your skin and can cause redness and irritation. Moisturizing helps your skin feel rejuvenated and give yourself a clean canvas!

Affordable Options: Jergens Hydrating Coconut Moisturizes & Softens Dry Skin Moisturizer ($6.99)

9. Lip Gloss or Simple Lip Stick

The ultimate way to put a makeup look together is a bold lip. Lips make a huge statement and come in many different forms! From glossy to matte lipstick or gloss can show your true colors! Whether it be a nude lip or a bright green, you can express yourself through your lips.

Affordable Options: E.L.F Moisturizing Lipstick($3.99)

10. Lip Liner

Lip Liner is a primer for your lipstick! Clearly, this product is very essential because it helps your lipstick or gloss last longer and brings the pigmentation of your lipsticks more vibrant. This product can also be worn on its own if you do not feel like wearing a lipstick or gloss.

AffordableOptions: NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil($3.49)

With these ten products you will be able to slay every day and learn many tricks and tips to your newly founded makeup routine!