10 Places To Study That Aren't The Library

The library is overrated.

69
Wikimedia

Finals week is a time of stress and hours of studying. Often time, people think that they must be in the library in order to actually be productive. That is simply not true. The library becomes too crowded at this time of year, so be smart and go somewhere else to study. You'll likely be more focused if you try one of these locations out.

I have found a variety of other locations to study during finals week that are just as effective. I challenge you to try one of these places, or even all of them, before or during finals for studying this year.

1. Academic Buildings

During finals there are likely classroom and study lounges open in academic buildings.

2. Outside

Get some fresh air and study outside!

3. Dorm Lounge

This one is good for late night studying because you'll be close to your room.

4. Starbucks

Perfect place to get that necessary coffee fix.

5. Off-Campus

Get out of your normal routine and head off campus for a day to maybe a restaurant or coffee shop.

6. Public Library

It's still a library, but most likely less overly crowded than your school library.

7. Dining Halls

After the dining hall is closed, the business and noise reduces and becomes quite perfect for studying.

8. Local restaurants

While you grab some dinner, you can then use that area to do some homework.

9. The gym

Okay, you might not actually study here, but you should go to the gym to destress and take a break from studying!

10. A friend's room/house

A change of scenery is perfect for finals studying. Also, you can benefit from a study buddy.