10 Places To Eat In Virginia Beach

10 Places To Eat In Virginia Beach

The best places to eat according to a beach bum.

6289
10 Places To Eat In Virginia Beach
Taste Unlimited

Virginia Beach has some of the best restaurants in Virginia. Here are the top 10 places to grab a bite to eat while in Virginia Beach! Each restaurant offers a dish that exhibits the different subcultures of the different parts of Virginia Beach.

1. Big Sam's

Big Sam's is the perfect place to pop in throughout the entire day to grab a bite to eat. Whether you are coming out of a dawn patrol surf session or you just watched the last lifeguard get off the stand, Big Sam's has something delicious to offer you.

HOURS:

Sunday- Saturday: 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM

2. Pungo Pizza

Pungo Pizza has the best slice of pizza pie in Virginia Beach. Make your way out there any time after 11 a.m. and you will be filled with great pizza, but leave some room for ice cream! They serve hand dipped ice cream with a variety of flavors!

HOURS:

Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 9:30 PM

3. The Leaping Lizard

Stop by The Leaping Lizard Cafe — you will be greeted by the friendly staff and a cozy feel. This cafe serves food that is incredible. The Leaping Lizard promotes and uses fresh ingredients in their meals from local farmers in Virginia Beach!

HOURS:

Tuesday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Sunday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

4. Baja Restaurant Sandbridge

From the Baja Burger to the Southwest Salad, Baja Restaurant in Sandbridge has some of the most delicious food around. Baja not only has flavorful food, but also often has live entertainment in the summertime.

HOURS:

Wednesday- Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Sunday Brunch: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

5. Smoked From Above

Want the best BBQ in Virginia Beach? Head over to Smoked From Above! You can treat yourself to a platter! You will be able to enjoy any kind of BBQ or ribs with two sides and 4 hush puppies. Swing by Smoked From Above for the best BBQ at the Beach!

HOURS:

Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Sunday: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM

6. Whiskey Kitchen circa 2014

The Whiskey Kitchen has some of the best burgers and brews around. Stop by this place, get a starter like a Caprese Stack. Once you've devoured through your starter, your main course will be hot and ready for you to eat! Pair all of this flavorful food with some craft beer, wine or whiskey!

HOURS:

Monday - Thursday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Friday- Saturday: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Sunday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

7. Taste Unlimited

Taste Unlimited is the place to pick up the perfect lunch. Taste has the best sandwiches, salads and gelato in the area. You can order the Hilltop or you can create your own sandwich, but if you create your own make sure you order it with house dressing! Taste is an iconic part of Virginia Beach culture.

Bayville HOURS:

Sunday - Saturday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Hilltop HOURS:

Monday- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Sunday: 10: 00 AM - 5: 00 PM

Oceanfront HOURS:

Monday- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Sunday: 10: 00 AM - 5: 00 PM

8. Mary's

Mary's is the best brunch spot at the beach. Mary's is a cozy restaurant off 17th street. Swing by and order some chocolate milk and belgium waffles. Your stomach will thank you for the treat! You can stop by anytime to grab some breakfast.

HOURS:

Sunday - Saturday: 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM

9. Steinhilber's

Steinhilber's is a local's secret tucked away in the Thalia neighborhood. This American eatery is right on the water. Come and enjoy a mouthwatering strip of steak or plate of seafood. Call in a reservation at Steinhilber's for the perfect relaxing evening in Virginia Beach.

HOURS:

Sunday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM

10. Belvedere

The Belvedere is right on the boardwalk, so it perfect for grabbing breakfast right after surfing at sunrise. Order biscuits and gravy with black coffee to warm you up from the ocean! The Belvedere is truly one of the local spots in Virginia Beach. But, The Belvedere will only remain open through this summer.

HOURS:

Sunday - Saturday: 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM

Each of these eateries has something special to offer that makes Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach. Even stopping by just one of these places will give any out-of-towner a glimpse into the diverse culture around town. If you are a local, you know how awesome each of these places are. If you are a tourist, I encourage you to go to one of these places while you are visiting.