10 Photos That Will Bring You Back To Your Childhood

Shoutout to all my 90's and early '00s kids!

142
Diane Vilaseca

In today's day in age, technology is continuously advancing at a rapid rate. Children today are getting iPads at the age of 8 and cellphones by 11. With this in mind, it's safe to say that us 90's and early '00s kids grew up with a very different view of thew world and view of fun as a child. There is no better activity than gathering with your friends and reminiscing on all the cool and trending gadgets you used to have stacked in your play closet back in your day. So here, my friends, reminisce with me for a moment and let's flashback to our childhood...

1. Tamagotchi Toys

These things were all the rave back in grade school. Whether you held them in your pocket, clipped them to your backpack or kept them in your desk, you were always there to take care of your tamagotchi. Raising them from an egg to when they had a baby of their own, you mothered them through every step of the way. And when they got even more advanced, you could connect with friends!

2. Cash Register Toy

This wasn't just any old toy back in your day, this was your job. When you stood behind the counter of that register you simply didn't fool around. Handling money, scanning items and pushing buttons meant you were large and in charge. And you were not a force to be reckoned with so if you're coming through my line, please be prepared.

3. Polly Pocket Dolls

Polly Pocket was a hit of a doll, but she was unique. She was smaller than other dolls, had friends that could join her on her adventures, and had rubber clothing. Something about that rubber clothing and changeable hair made her stand out above all the other dolls of her time. YGG, Polly!

4. Hit Clips

These beautiful music players were the first of their kind and satisfied kids dire needs to hear their favorite artist of the time. Whether you clipped in your favorite part of NSYNC, Britney Spears or Aaron Carter your car rides or walks to the bus stop were instantly boosted. With so many varieties of clips to buy, you never got bored of your Hit Clip!

5. The Furby Toy

Looking back at these little talking monsters, they're a tad creepy. BUT that simply doesn't change how they ruled our world's back when we were kids. It was always nice to come home to your squeaking and purring Furby. And life was even better when you had a whole collection of them! You're creepy now, Furby, but I was grateful for you then.

6. Water Wigglers

To this day i'm not even completely sure what the purpose of these were, but it is undeniable how they were able to occupy us for hours. As they wiggled and wobbled and slipped you were mesmerized by their wonder. I think it was actually the mystery in what they were that really kept us entertained back then, too.

7. Silly Putty

Thank you to Silly Putty for giving us the opportunity in letting our imagination run wild and form this gooey sticky substance into whatever we pleased. Whether we made a snowman, a face or even just a blob; it was magical. And the fact that it came in a handy little egg-shaped container made it all the more enjoyable!

8. Beanie Babies

With original's now being worth a great sum of money, these plush and cuddly toys were priceless to us. A collection was built from the bears to the cats and dragons, we accounted for each one with a name and a personality. Worn out from going everywhere with us, our beanie babies always hit close to home.

9. Skip It

How many times could you Skip It? We all remember that those with the highest Skip It count undoubtedly ruled the neighborhood, it was like an unspoken rule. Practicing at home, at recess or with your friends, you never got tired of your Skip It!

10. The Bop It Extreme

Oh Bop It, how you kept me up for hours past my bedtime and in constant rival with my friends. Whether I partnered with my friends or played a solo round I was constantly obsessed with moving faster than my last round. My mind was solely focused on pulling, flicking, spinning, twisting and bopping you.