10 Ohio Ice Cream Shops to Visit This Summer

Make your summer a little sweeter.
426

With the warm weather quickly approaching, ice cream places are preparing for the rush of the summer season. If you live in Ohio, there are some gems you need to visit to sweeten up your summer. (In no particular order of delicious-ness).

The Dairy Hut

Located in Pataskala, Ohio, The Dairy Hut is home to coneys, sandwiches, even dog treats, and most importantly: ice cream! 12 kinds of sundaes, 16 types of Blitzers, over 24 flavors of soft serve, milkshakes, floats, with something to please everyone's sweet tooth. (http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-dairy-hut-pataskala)

Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream

Using fresh, local, and wholesome ingredients, Mitchell's Ice Cream has been a landmark of Cleveland, Ohio since 1991. They pride themselves on using locally, farm grown, ingredients and having a great relationship with their customers. (http://mitchellshomemade.com)

Aglamesis Brothers

With two locations (both in Cincinnati, Ohio), the Aglamesis Brothers' shop is the best place to find homemade French Ice cream made with the "highest quality ingredients: including fresh cream, milk, evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, honey, gelatin, pure vanilla bean, fresh fruits and the very best cocoa to produce delightfully rich, creamy, super premium ice cream". (http://www.aglamesis.com/default.asp)

Velvet Ice Cream

If you're seeking something more than just eating ice cream, The Velvet Ice cream location in Utica, Ohio is just that. They offer a half hour tour to show you the 7 steps of how they make their ice cream starting at their Historic Ye Olde Mill, where you can get a sweet treat after. (http://velveticecream.com)

Young’s Jersey Dairy

This ice cream shop, located on it's own dairy farm in Yellow Springs, Ohio, is home to home than just delicious ice cream. They are also home to two 18-hole mini golf courses, a driving range, a batting cage, a corn-maze, "Cowvin’s Kiddie Corral" (which includes bounce houses, little tractors to ride on, a corn pit, and slides) and a restaurant, in addition to their on farm made ice cream. (http://youngsdairy.com)

Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl

Chocolate lovers and ice cream lovers will both enjoy Tom's Ice Cream Bowl in Zanseville, Ohio. The ice cream is homemade, they freshly roast nuts daily, and have an assortment of chocolates and candies- a tradition for 50 years. (https://www.tomsicecreambowl.com)

Sweet Moses

A Cleveland tradition, Sweet Moses' is a neighborhood soda shop serving ice cream from an authentic Bastion-Blessings soda fountain. (http://www.sweetmosestreats.com)

Toft’s Ice Cream Parlor

Ohio's oldest dairy, at 113 years old, is located in Sandusky, Ohio. This local landmark is home to ice cream made with products from farms within a 50 mile radius to ensure freshness as well as delicious-ness. (http://toftdairy.com)

Dietsch’s Brothers Ice Cream

With two locations (both in Findlay, Ohio), Dietsch’s Brothers Ice Cream has 30 flavors of ice cream, 5 flavors of sherbet, and 27 additional seasonal flavors. They pride themselves on their motto of quality over quantity. (http://dietschs.com)

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams

Their mission is simple: "making better ice creams and bringing people closer together". They use natural and local ingredients to make their 26 ice creams and sherbets. They have 11 store fronts in Ohio: 10 in Columbus and 1 in Cleveland. (https://jenis.com)