10 Netflix Shows You Need in Your Life

10 Netflix Shows You Need in Your Life

Need something to binge watch over break? Look no further!

39
10 Netflix Shows You Need in Your Life
netlix.com

Everyone has Netflix. Okay, that's not fair, since I myself only got Netflix recently. But at least everyone has heard of Netflix, right? Plus Thanksgiving break is coming up which means I will be stuffing my face with mashed potatoes and turkey while binge watching some of my personal favorite shows. If you're looking for inspiration on what to watch over break and binge watch while you're crying thinking about finals, read on my friends.

1. Criminal Minds

Oh my goodness am I obsessed with this show. Sure, it may be in part because I am a psychology major and this show is basically all psych babble, but it's also because of the compelling content. The show centers around the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI and their job is basically to travel around the United States and profile serial killers, arsonists and stalkers. There's a plus, this show is full of major eye candy, check out Agent Derek Morgan and Dr. Spencer Reid. Yeah, I TOTALLY watch this for the plot.

2. The Crown

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a period drama. This show follows the life of Queen Elizabeth the Second who takes the crown after her father dies of lung cancer. Queen Elizabeth the Second is the Queen of England we all know and love and who is still around today! This show is awesome, it shows her life after becoming Queen and the hardships she had to face. Plus, she loves corgis, who doesn't love corgis?

3. Shameless: US

This show is named perfectly. Shameless follows the lives of the Gallagher family and their struggles in a poor Chicago suburb. The show focuses mainly on Fiona, the oldest sister and caretaker of the Gallagher clan, and her struggles to provide for her family while her alcoholic father is absent. This show is hilariously real and dirty, so if you're a fan of obscenities and mayhem, this is the show for you.

4. Skins: UK

This show. So many emotions. I can't really describe this show without giving anything away but let me tell you, if you love emotional roller coasters then Skins is the one for you.

5. The Office

If you haven't seen this, GET ON THE BANDWAGON WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

6. Parks and Recreation

Like The Office, what have you been doing with your life if you haven't seen this show?! Leslie Knope is basically everything you could want to aspire to be in life along with everybody else. Who doesn't want to work for the Parks Department after watching this show?

7. Stranger Things

Such a good show. I was hesitant to watch this at first but boy am I glad I did. When Will goes missing and a strange girl shows up his friends have to find out what happened to him as soon as possible. This show will turn your world upside down (hahaha).

8. Dexter

What's better than a show about a serial killer, told in the point of view of a serial killer? Dexter Morgan is a serial killer who kills bad people. Confusing right? So is Dexter the bad guy, or the good guy in this situation? Working as a blood spatter analyst by day and a killer by night, Dexter hunts the streets to find his next victim to satisfy his psychopathic urges and do some good for the world. Or does he?

9. How I Met Your Mother

This show gives me all the feels. Watch as Ted recounts his life struggle of trying to find the love of his life. And it takes 9 SEASONS. This show is full of hilarious moments that will make your heart explode. Just don't talk about the final episode, we don't talk about the final episode.

10. Grey's Anatomy

Meredith grey, Meredith Grey. We've spent 12 wait 13 lucky seasons with this lady so far and it's been quite a ride. This show is over dramatic in a way we can't get enough of so scrub in and prepare for tears.