10 Netflix Movies That Will Change Your Life

Searching for good movies on Netflix can be stressful. Let me make it easy on you.

6033
Huffington Post

Netflix searching can be extremely stressful. You're dead set on watching a movie that your friend recommended, so you log onto Netflix, pop some popcorn and get comfortable for the next two hours of awesomeness. Except, of course, Netflix doesn't have the movie you wanted and now you're depressed with a bowl of popcorn and nothing to watch. For those extremely frequent and unfortunate moments, I have provided you a list of my top ten Netflix films, guaranteed to fill the void. Check them out.

1. Stuck In Love

Perhaps my favorite movie of all time, this independent romantic comedy will definitely pull at all your heart strings. The film stars Jennifer Connelly, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins, Nat Wolff and Logan Lerman. It focuses on the lives of a successful author's family and balances the concept of a teenager's first love and a person's last love. It questions the idea of second chances and includes an amazing soundtrack that makes you feel like you're involved in the character's lives. 10/10 would recommend this one.

2. Comet

Set in a parallel universe, this drama-filled film makes you question reality when the plot consistently bounces back and forth between flashbacks of the main characters' six-year relationship. Dell (Justin Long) and Kimberly (Emmy Rossum) meet by chance at a meteor shower, where sparks immediately fly. The viewer is left completely capsized by their chemistry and is left on the edge of their seat trying to predict what happens next.

3. In Your Eyes

In this paranormal romance, Rebecca Porter (Zoe Kazan) and Dylan Kershaw (Michael Stahl-David) live on opposite sides of the country with completely different lives and have never met before. Except, maybe they have? These two unconnected souls have an everlasting telepathic bond that allows them to see, hear and feel all the same experiences. I assure you that this film is like nothing you have ever seen before, and it will quickly become one of your all-time favorites if you're into the "love at first sight" type of movie.

4. Keith

Based on the short story "Keith" by author Ron Carlson, this film stars Jesse McCartney as Keith and Elisabeth Harnois as the smart, beautiful and "perfect in every way" Natalie Anderson. Natalie thinks she has it all figured out: her grades, yearbook, tennis, and her hot foreign exchange boyfriend, Rafael. That is, anyway, until Keith is made her lab partner in AP Chemistry and takes an interest in her. Keith's carefree spirit draws Natalie in, and she finds herself doing things she never expected with someone she never expected. The plot takes a dramatic turn when Keith stops showing up to school and won't return any of Natalie's calls. Where did he go and what is he up to?

5. The Fundamentals of Caring

Based on the 2012 novel, this film will change your entire outlook on what it means to care and what it means to live. The plot focuses around 18-year-old Trevor (Craig Roberts), who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. His disease limits him from doing everyday activities. That's where Ben (Paul Rudd) comes in. The retired writer and 18-year-old have a comedic relationship filled with inside jokes, sarcasm and crude humor. The journey begins when they hit the road in search of adventure, and find Dot (Selena Gomez) along the way.

6. Endless Love

This romantic drama film is both seemingly beautiful and tragically heartwrenching at the same time. Jade Butterfield (Gabriella Wilde) is a beautiful but shy 17-year-old with a complex family life. But, not as complex as the rebellious and mysterious David Elliot (Alex Pettyfer). The two fall deeply and completely in love, but are soon brought back down to reality when Jade's father disapproves of the couple and tries everything in his power to stop it. Not to mention, David's past comes back to haunt him and puts everyone's lives in danger. "Say goodbye to innocence" in this head-spinning romance.

7. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

When an asteroid nears Earth and is expected to end the world in three short weeks, Dodge (Steve Carell) decides to road trip to find his long-lost high school sweetheart. His neighbor, Penny (Keira Knightley) joins him in this long shot journey, only to find that the two unexpected travelers quickly fall in love with one another despite their difference in age. This quirky but cute comedy will definitely play at all your emotions, making you laugh at parts and cry at others.

8. The Way He Looks

In this coming-of-age Brazilian film, Leonardo (Ghilherme Lobo) is a blind teenager who is desperately searching for independence. He relies heavily on his mom and best friend, Giovana (Tess Amorim) for everyday tasks, and is bullied constantly. When a new student by the name of Gabriel (Fabio Audi) sits behind Leo in class, Giovana is quick to express her interest in him. However, as the plot unfolds, we find that Gio and Gabriel are actually the two with sparks.

9. Moonrise Kingdom

Described as an "eccentric, pubescent love story" , this film centers around two twelve-year-old kids who fall in love, make a pact to run away and live in the wilderness together. Problems start to unfold when a violent storm approaches, and parents and camp counselors try to find the two young lovers. This film reminds all viewers that age is but a number, and love comes in many different shapes, sizes and ages.

10. Love Actually

A perfect movie for the holidays set the month before Christmas, this intricate film follows the lives of eight different individuals who somehow have a connection to one another. Set in London, England, each character tackles the idea of love differently, making for a fun and chaotic plot that leaves the viewer glued to the screen until the very last second.