10 Must Watch Movies, You Do Not Have A Choice

Please expand your cinema palate with this wide range of current movies.

11
https://unsplash.com/photos/Ei0V7r0vcoY
1. La La Land

A fairly new movie starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling is set in Los Angeles in a fictional interpretation of the current times mixed with the culture of the 40's and 50's. It follows the story of two people navigating the difficult choice between love and following their dreams.

2. The A Team (remake)

Based off of the original (which I also recommend), this is a modernized (and less cheesy) version of the original story following a team of four special forces soldiers caught in the midst of basically a never ending parade of chaos. The dynamic between the characters and the effortless flow between comedy and action makes this a must watch.

3. The Illusionist

Set in 1900's Vienna, the historic setting and intriguing story behind Eisenheim's illusions translates from the stage to the real life of the characters. This is a subtle mystery with a different twist.

4. Pride, Prejudice and Zombies

This film houses all three of my favorite things. Based, of course, on the world renowned novel by Jane Austen, the variable of zombies is added which integrates an element of action in an unexpected way. Do not judge it by the title (which I agree, could have been a little more creative), the content is absolutely worth seeing.

5. The Big Short

This movie is based off of the real world economic collapse in America that occurred in 2008. It follows a group of money smart men that invest their money accordingly to make a fortune off of the collapse that they have anticipated. These kinds of movies, are not always done well, but when they are, they keep you on the edge of your seat, and this is one of them.

6. The Vow

This is of course for the ladies, but also for the men. If you watch one romance movie in your life, this is the one I would recommend. It follows Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams story after they get in a car crash and she loses all memory of him. It is based on a true story, and the dynamic between the two is so beautifully conveyed that you cannot help but get emotional.

7. How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days

An absolute must as far as rom coms go. A writer for a magazine is writing an article about losing a guy in ten days, while the guy she targets makes a bet with his friends that he can make any woman fall in love with him in ten days (I am sure you can see where this is going). Just watch it, it's hilarious.

8. The Goonies

An absolute classic mixing the dynamics of a young group of boys and a treasure hunt. With a classic sense of humor, someone of any age or interest can enjoy this one.

9. A Simple Favor

Starring Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick, this movie is just straight odd. I do not want to give much away (just as the trailer did not), but the entire movie leaves you guessing what is coming next, and where it is going. If you are interested in something that does not easily fit into a category, this would be it.

10. When the Game Stands Tall

This one is for all of the football lovers, or not football lovers. The movie follows the De La Salle Spartans high school football team who had 151 straight victories (this was real, how insane is that). The team is tested as the next grade of boys become the leaders of the team, and the emphasis on relationships and the strong dynamics of a team setting are beautifully highlighted.

I could list a lot more movies, but this will at least get you started. Also, you're welcome.