10 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

10 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

The top 10 shows Netflix has to offer for your binge watching pleasure.

142
10 Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix
What's on Netflix

1. One Tree Hill

"One Tree Hill" is one of those shows with tons of episodes and countless seasons, but it also has a character for everyone. Once you start to watch it there is no way you can stop. There are plot twists and fights so often that you do not even want to sleep because you want to watch the next episode. It also helps that both the main characters are incredibly good looking.

2. Gossip Girl

The next on your binge watch list has to be "Gossip Girl". If you have ever wondered what it is like to live in high-end New York this is your show. Not only do you get to see the fashion of the upper east side, but you also get to live through the dramas and relationships. There is also the added bonus of wanting to find out who Gossip Girl actually is, if the internet has not already ruined it for you.

3. Grey's Anatomy

If you haven't already seen it, "Grey's Anatomy" is a must watch. The best part about this show is once you get caught up, this one still airs on TV. Grey's also has it's fair share of hot guys for you to grovel over. With Grey's, it is not just about the guys, but the feeling you get when you watch it, like you could go out and save the world, it's inspired so many people to become doctors and do great things in this world.

4. Friday Night Lights

Living in the south you often get a false sense of community, but you always wonder about those towns that are committed to each other and Friday night football. That is what "Friday Night Lights" is about. If you are not a football fan the idea of this show might throw you off, and although a good portion of it does deal with football, it also has love stories and triangles. The show also tackles a lot of the race issues the south and now many parts of the country are dealing with.

5. Making A Murderer

"Making a Murderer" is one of the most talked about Netflix original series, and it is definitely worth the watch. Although it is only one season long it is an eye opening series. Whether you think he is guilty or not I think the series shows you that our government could be corrupt from the inside. It also shows how hard it is for someone to prove themselves innocent in a situation where they might actually be innocent.

6. The Office

If you are having a bad week or even a bad year this is the show to cheer you up. Although each episode is different from the last, there are underlying plot lines. You get a love story with this one but you also get a ton of laughs. I was very hesitant about watching this one because I was unsure if I would enjoy the humor, and it ended up being the only show I watch when I am having a tough day.

7. Parks and Recreation

"Parks and Recreation" is the show you watch after you finish binge watching "The Office". It is just as funny but the characters are more diverse. You also get to see a few of the actors/actresses from "The Office" in a new setting.

8. Orange is the New Black

Based on a true story, "Orange is the New Black" is heart breaking and compelling all in one TV series. You get attached to almost every character and the story lines are different than almost any show you have seen before. It also is a different view on prison than most people have, no one thinks about the women in prison, or what these people are in prison for. Learning each prisoner's story line is like being reintroduced to each character.

9. Criminal Minds

There are tons of cop and crime shows on TV but "Criminal Minds" stands out from the rest, and binge watching it means you miss out on the commercials. Just like with Grey's, if you catch up to the most recent season with this show you can watch it on TV as it airs. You also get a bit of eye candy with this one considering most seasons have Shemar Moore in them.

10. Gilmore Girls

If you have not heard Gilmore Girls is getting a reboot sponsored by Netflix, and luckily for everyone they have made all 7 seasons available to watch world-wide. This show has humor, love, and gives you the small town vibes you have always wanted. In Stars Hollow, nothing goes unnoticed by anyone, and by the end of the show you feel like you're a part of the town too.

Netflix has become a part of everyone's everyday life, but you are not binge watching Netflix the right way if you have not binge watched these 10 shows.