songs about heartbreak and love

Top 10 Most Heartfelt And Relatable Song Lyrics For Love, Heartbreak, And More

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same."

3780

If you have ever felt goosebumps upon listening to a song, then you know it is a pretty damn good one. Whether you are listening through your headphones, on a speaker, or on the radio, lyrics can travel everywhere and anywhere. Many find song lyrics relatable or heartwarming, and therefore can connect to the song pretty well. Listed below are the top 10 (in no particular order) the best and most relatable song lyrics that deal with love, heartbreak, and more. If you haven't heard any one of these songs, I suggest you take a listen.

10. Sam Hunt — "Take Your Time"

upload.wikimedia.org

"I don't have to make you love me, I just want to take your time."

When people generally listen to these lyrics, the word slow may pop into your head; hence take your time. Apparently the meaning behind these beautiful lyrics is that Sam Hunt never wanted to take away anything from the girl, he simply just wanted to take her time.

9. Pearl Jam — "Better Man"

upload.wikimedia.org

"She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man.
She dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better man."

The lyrics in this song are actually super interesting, considering that Pearl Jam is so talented. The woman who was written about in the song believes she can not do any better when it comes to men and usually settles. Eddie Vedder (lead singer) directed this song at his remarried mother.

8. LifeHouse — "Hanging By A Moment"

upload.wikimedia.org

"I'm falling even more in love with you,
Letting go of all I've held onto.
I'm standing here until you make me move,
I'm hanging by a moment here with you."

LifeHouse has some of the most alluring lyrics out there. Personally, this song is one that sends chills down my spine because of how much I can relate to it. When you listen to lyrics and they somehow pertain to different situations going on in your life, it automatically makes the song so admirable. You can find this song on their 2000s album "No Name Face."

7. Russell Dickerson — "Yours"

"I came to life when I first kissed you,
The best me has his arms around you.
You make me better than I was before,
Thank God I'm yours."

This is one heart warming country song and Russell Dickerson said during an interview that he just wanted to write a true love song. He apparently wrote the song in the back of an SUV.

6. Maroon 5 — "How"

c1.staticflickr.com

"Why does the one you love,
Become the one who makes you want to cry?"

Although this may not be a smash hit for Maroon 5, you can find this song on their third album, "Hands All Over" released in 2010. Even if you haven't heard the song, anyone who has ever dealt with a break-up can for sure understand these lyrics. In fact, this particular song always brings tears to my eyes.

5. Nirvana — "Drain You"

c1.staticflickr.com

"One baby to another says -
I'm lucky to have met you.
I don't care what you think,
Unless it is about me."

I know Nirvana has some very interesting song lyrics, but they have some of the best. This song is said to be about an old-fashioned kind of love that is a little dorky. Kurt Cobain mentioned that this one song is one of his favorite tracks. Nirvana does have very unique lyrics, better yet you can find this song on their "Nevermind" album.

4. Five For Fighting — "Love Song"

c1.staticflickr.com

"And she says, maybe it's over,
He says, there's plenty more fish in the sea.
I say, don't go away from me."

I can guarantee you that you probably have never heard of this song. But if you have ever listened to the songs "Superman," "100 Years," or "Chances," this one man band is very talented. He has a very distinctive voice and I must admit, this specific song got me through my first break-up.

3. Snow Patrol — "Chasing Cars"

upload.wikimedia.org

"Those three words,
Are said too much.
They're not enough."

Snow Patrol is a well-known band and this is a well-known song. Everyone interprets lyrics differently and that is what makes this song so elegant. This single is on their fourth album, "Eyes Open" and it was also nominated for a Grammy in 2007 after being released one year earlier.

2. The Fray — "All At Once"

c1.staticflickr.com

Personally, I believe that The Fray has some of the most genuine empathetic lyrics out there. Their most well-known songs, "How To Save A Life," "Over My Head," and "You Found Me" are just three examples of how talented this band is. This one particular lyric always pops into my head when something is pondering my mind like a breakup. Even though it is so difficult to end things, it is probably the right thing to do if the person keeps hurting you.

1. All American Rejects — "Move Along"

upload.wikimedia.org

"When all you got to keep is strong,
Move along, move along like I know you do.
And even when your hope is gone,
Move along, move along just to make it through."

I can't even describe how classic this song is. AAR has some of the best breakup lyrics ever. Released in 2005, on their album "Move Along," this record has so any hits on it. "Dirty Little Secret" and "It Ends Tonight" are definite honorable mentions on this list. The pop-punk phase back then was so alive and to this day their music brings back so many memories.